Chapter 9

Matt's POV:

After the diner I was about to say goodbye and walk home (even though I don't have any idea where I am, but hey, that's why your phone has a GPS right?), even when it's like 3 am, when Leo just walked to his car without saying anything. When he noticed I wasn't following, he just looked over his shoulder and asked smirking: "You didn't think I was just gonna let you walk home did you? What kind of person do you take me for?"

I just smiled and followed him to the car. 

I don't know what happened but last thing I remember is listening to some music before blacking out.

_________________

When I open my eyes I start freaking out. I have no idea where I am. Oh my God, I've been kidnapped! No, I can't leave Chris with my mom, he'll have a terrible life, he'll be alone. Well, then again my mom isn't home most of the time because of me, so maybe she'll be better. She was a great mom, once upon a time.

That's not important right now! Focus!

I look around the room to try and figure out where I am. It's a simple room, with light blue walls, a bookcase in the corner and a TV. I'm laying down on a bed with a blue comforter, next to me a bedside table where my phone, my wallet and my keys are. Ok, so definitely not kidnapped. Unless, this kidnapper person is just a real amateur. 

I pick up my phone and start panicking when I see it's already pm. I have to pick up Chris! Crap!

I quickly get up and head straight to the door. Where are my shoes?! ugh!

After I open the door I go to the stairs, seeing as it's the logical thing to do, and am flabbergasted by how freaking huge it is! Where the heck am I?

While looking around I don't notice where I'm going and trip on one step and almost fall, but manage to catch myself in time. Just as I finish descending the stairs, a guy walks out of one of the doors. And not just any guy, Leonardo Bryant, in the flesh. He's not wearing anything special just some black skinny jeans and a hoodie but he still looks handsome as hell.

"Oh, you're awake, I was just about to check on you," he says.

"Hey...", I say back, not exactly sure what to say.

"Oh, yeah right, I should probably explain why you're at my house. Well, would you like some breakfast? Or brunch, considering it's already 1 pm," Leo asks.

So I'm at Leo's house. I mean, I knew he was rich, but this is a whole other level of rich. 

I consider his offer for brunch. I mean, I really want to hear his explanation, and I am really hungry...but I should really pick up Chris from Mrs. Pemberton's house, I don't to bother her.

But she did say she didn't mind and didn't have any plans... might as well stay. And if she asks I'll just explain the situation.

"Ok," I finally decide and follow Leo to what I'm assuming is the kitchen.

"You can sit down there," he point to the stool next to the kitchen counter. "I just made some eggs and bacon and french toast. I hope you like it."

He sets a plate in front of me and I look up at him and nod eagerly. He chuckles and goes back to his plate. 

"So, you're probably wondering why you're at my house," He adds. I nod, seeing as my mouth is full of eggs and wait for him to continue, "Well, after you got inside my car you almost instantly fell asleep, and while I was just planning on taking you home, but I didn't want to just barge into your house, I don't know if your parents would be worried or not and it was late so I didn't want to wake your prants nor you, 'cause you looked so peacefull so I just brought you here. I hope you don't mind..." Wow, that's the most I've heard him speak.