Chapter-6

Jen gaped at her guest. So did her guest when she saw Jen.
My. Goddamn. Cousin! Why?, Jen thought. She regained her composure and sat down on a chair opposite to Megan.
"Hey Megan", Jen said.
'How do you know my name?", Megan asked
"It was written on your locker"
"Oh yeah. Right."

"Well I see you both already know each other!", Margaret said, a little too happily.
"Yeah.", Megan said distastefully.
Jen smirked but didn't say anything else.
"You both should go to Jen's room and get to know each other even better! You both go to the same school after all!", Megan's mom said.
Megan and Jen looked at each other.
"Yeah sure mom", Megan said through gritted teeth.

                       --------------------

Megan looked outside Jen's window. Jen sat on the bed. Even though Jen did not like her much, she admired the perfection of her attitude, her body and her make up. Jen tried to start a conversation.
"Well, what do....."
"Don't try to act sweet.", Megan cut in
"Sorry, what?"
"You. Stay. Away. From. Sean."
Jen started laughing.
"Someone's got a big crush, huh?", Jen teased.
Megan turned red and turned towards the window again.
"I won't.", Jen said.
"What?", asked Megan.
"I won't stay away from Sean. Why should I? He's my friend. You cannot control what I do."
"Well then, Missy. I'll put in my best efforts to make your life M-I-S-R-A-B-L-E at school", Megan said, pronouncing each and every alphabet clearly.
"We'll, first of all, I'm pretty sure it's pronounced M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E and secondly, I don't give a damn. Do whatever you want."
"Whatever! This war is on", Megan huffed and sashayed out of the room.
Typical drama queen, Jen thought to herself.

She leapt on her bed and took out her phone. She went through her Instagram update. She heard some laughter in the living room followed by some commotion. Then, all she heard was the sound of the front door shutting.

She smiled to herself and was about to go to sleep when the door of her room opened. Her mom peeked inside.
"Everything alright, Hun?", Margaret asked.
"Yep.", Jen replied.
"Well then, catch some sleep. Good night."
"Good night, mom", Jen replied and pulled her blanket over her face.

You're right, Megan. You're completely right. THIS WAR IS ON..., Jen thought to herself before finally going to sleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:-
HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED IT. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN AT SCHOOL?
WILL PUBLISH MORE CHAPTERS TOMORROW.
BYE😘