Chapter-23

Both the guys stared into each other's eyes. Justin's mouth twisted into a scowl and so did Sean's. Both the guys started walking towards each other menacingly.

Jen was confused at first but then she noticed a few bruises on Sean's face. Then it dawned on her. But it was too late before she could do anything.

Both the guys were circling each other.
"What the hell do you think you're doing here?", Justin asked menacingly, pushing Sean's shoulder.
"Well, I'm here to meet my girlfriend.", Sean replied, emphasizing the 'girlfriend' part.
Justin gritted his teeth.
"Get out of here before I smack you to bits", Justin warned.
"You don't own the place, brother.", Sean growled.
Both the guys continued circling each other. Jen stepped in between and put her hands on their chests and pushed them a little.
"Stop acting like kids, guys.", Jen said.
To her surprise, they pushed her away and stared into each other's eyes with pure hatred.
"I told you to stay away from her.", Sean said.

"Or what, Horatio?",  Justin taunted him.

Sean growled. Justin smirked seeing his reaction. Jen again stepped between them.

Sean gave her a death glare.
"Stay out of this.", he growled.

Jen stepped back, hurt.

Sean turned to Justin.
"You leave. Right now.", Sean said.
"No can do.", Justin said calmly.
"I'm warning you for the last time. Leave right now and you'll be unharmed.", Sean said.

Justin started laughing, clutching his stomach.

"You....harm....me?..", Justin said, gasping for breath, still laughing.

Justin immediately stopped laughing when he felt Sean's fist connect with his stomach.

All the wind was knocked out of him at once. He fell down and rolled to his side, clutching his stomach, this time out of pain.

Sean bent down.
"That should d-", Sean started but was cut off mid sentence when he felt a kick landing on his leg. He immediately fell down, face first.
Justin got up and caught hold of Sean's neck from behind. He bent down.

"This will teach you not to mess with me.", Justin said slowly in his ear.

"Oh yeah? Watch this.", Sean said before jerking his head back and hitting Justin on his nose. Justin fell back, clutching his nose. Sean took the opportunity to land a few punches on Justin's face.

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! BOTH OF YOU GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! NOW!", Jen screamed. Tears started flowing down her face.

She grabbed both of them and pushed them out, shutting the door behind her.

She ran to her room and started crying her eyes out.

----------------

Hey, you ok?
~Sean

Jen scrunched her nose and threw her phone on the couch. Her phone buzzed a few more times but she ignored the messages.

Suddenly, she heard the telephone ringing. She ignored it. She didn't want to talk to anyone. The phone rang again. Jen couldn't bear the irritating noise. She hesitantly got up and walked to the phone.

"Hello?", she said, the irritation clearly wrapping her tone.

"Hello?  Is this Miss Jen Whitman?", a voice asked.

"Yes. How can I help you?", Jen said, quickly losing the irritation which laced her tone after perceiving that it was not Sean or Justin.

"I'm calling from the WhiteLife Hospital. Is Margaret Whitman your mother, young lady?", the voice asked.

A chill ran down Jen's spine.

"Y-yes...Why? I-Is anything wrong?", Jen asked worriedly.

"I'm sorry to say but your mother has met with an accident. She is in the ICU. It is our duty to let family members know. I was not able to contact your father so I called you. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to come to the hospital right now.", the voice said.

The receiver fell from Jen's hand. A tear rolled down, followed by a stream.

"Hello?", a confused voice asked from the receiver.

Jen cupped her face in her hands and sobbed. Her hair came down and engulfed her face. Tears rolled out endlessly. Jen used her sleeve to wipe her face. She quickly got up and headed to the washroom. She washed her face. She quickly grabbed her house keys and locked the front door. She started walking. She knew where WhiteLeaf hospital was.

It was dark outside. It was a moonless night. Jen walked quickly.

I should have brought a scarf, she thought to herself.

Hugging herself, she continued walking. There were no cars or any kind of vehicles on the road. Jen tripped and almost face-planted on the ground but she held herself up just in time.

She muttered a curse under her breath and continued walking.

Jen shoved her hands into the pockets of her jeans. Horrifying thoughts ran inside her head. She imagined her mom lying on the hospital bed, her face covered with cuts and bruises. She imagined a scanning system beside her bed and also several saline bottles hanging beside it. Jen quickly shook her head and continued walking .

I have to stay strong., she thought to herself, trying not to cry.

The hospital was in view now. She sighed and braced herself for the sight she was about to see.

She had almost reached the hospital when she suddenly felt darkness engulfing her from behind. She struggled to free herself but soon became unconscious.

--------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:-
WE ARE ALMOST GOING TO REACH 25 CHAPTERS. I HOPE THE STORY IS INTERESTING ENOUGH UNTIL NOW.

JUST LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT A SEQUEL FOR THIS BOOK OR IF I SHOULD FINISH THE STORY AT ONCE.

I'M LEAVING THE CHOICE TO YOU🤗🤗

Thanks for all the love and support.

Byeee😘😘