Chapter 4: Paint It Black

Allison POV 

When your normal, human and unaware, death surrounds you in many forms. Death of a family pet, a grandparent, maybe even a tragic loss or an illness. But when you become other everything and I mean everything changes. 

You fight for survival literally every Tuesday and nearly die at least twice a week. Tragic loss isn't an accident anymore, or a family member getting an illness that kills them. It becomes murder after murder at the hands of the supernatural. It's the psychological torment that something bad is about to happen. 

It's the insomnia that keeps you awake with a weapon of some kind under your pillow for fear of being attacked during the night by some unknown foe that wants to make a point. It's the fear of not being able to defend yourself from harm. 

But what's worse is when it all seeps into your head and makes you lose control. I've lived in this life for a long time and after all the loss and suffering, some by my own hands, the worst thing to happen is the feeling of hurting innocent people and liking it. Of feeling a rush of power knowing you hold an innocent life in your hands with the power to save it or destroy it and it made me sick to feel that way. It made me sick how I wasn't strong enough to fight the demon in my head. 

"All...Allis..... Allison!!!" I heard a voice shout breaking me from my depressing thoughts. I looked over away from the window which showed lush greenery and clear blue skies passing by as we drove towards Mystic Falls, away from the memories at every corner. 

"Yeah?" I asked Lydia my best friend since I moved to Beacon Hills halfway through sophomore year. Lydia is a perfect example of how death surrounds you more when you know or are paper of the supernatural world. She senses death it's like a cloak that surrounds her which she wears so angelically that when you get close enough to her beautiful wings they show their true colours and cause destruction which haunts the girl, you can see it in her eyes. 

"You've been ignoring me!!" She whined and I smiled apologetically at the girl who after everything I've done still manages to call me her best friend, and proudly at that. "Anyway as I was saying when we get to Mystic Falls I want, no I demand that we go straight to the Forbes household and drag Caroline shopping" she stated and I chuckled at my shopping obsessed friend. 

I was told Lydia and this Caroline girl are practically twins. I was also told Caroline is friends with one of Scott's cousins who I'm guessing will also be visiting. 

"Nope I'm driving to the Lockwood house I want to relax and not be stuck in a car with hormonal teenagers" Said Peter and we all rolled are eyes at his dramatics, even though he wasn't even driving the car. Zombie-wolf was kind of a diva not scratch that he was a complete diva. No one disturbs his beauty sleep, he gets a manicure and pedicure weekly and he has at least 5 different skin care products that he brought with him (Derek wouldn't let him bring the rest). 

Lydia's phone dinged signalling she had a text. After she sent a quick reply to whoever it was she looked up at the rest of us. "That was Caroline we need to meet her at the Salvatore Borading house" she said and my dad nodded his head. We'd just entered Virginia and we had like another 4 or so hours left to go, hurray. 

-TIMESKIP- 

After a gruelling 4 hours of Peters complaints, Scott whining about Stiles (I swear to god they might as well just bone) and Malia's constant asking about what the deer was like in Mystic Falls, we finally arrived outside the Boarding house. 

Lydia being Lydia immediately ran from the car as the front door to the overly large house opened and a girl around our age with blonde hair ran out and her and Lydia met into what looked like a bone crushing hug. 

We all piled out of the car as the Camaro pulled into the driveway and I could see a man with raven black hair and all black clothes raise an impressed eyebrow. We all walked towards the house and you could see the relief in Dereks eyes at being out of the car after only having Liam and Mason for conpany, it was in his eyes cause let's face it Derek won't show emotion on his face and it's only around the pack he shows emotion with his eyes. 

"So introductions, I'm Caroline and these are Elena, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, Matt, Tyler, Alaric and my mom Liz. I don't know where Jeremy is but I'm sure he'll be here soon. Oh and you might get to meet Meredith Alaric's doctor girlfriend" Said Caroline in a overly bubbly voice as we all made our way inside the house that was definately old judging by the furniture and decor around the parlour or whatever. 

"Well I'm Lydia this is Allison, Malia, Peter who nobody likes, Derek and Chris and what the hell happened to Scott and Kira" said Lydia and I frowned looking at the large group of us assembled. Walking outside I saw Kira had Scott's arm who was struggling to stay in the car. Kira lost her grip and you could see Scott go back into the seats he and Kira previously occupied. Sighing I moved aside as Lydia stormed past me her heels clicking as she went. 

Malia was beside me with a bowl of chips which must have been set out for when we arrived and she was happily munching away. "Scott you better get your ass out here or I swear to every single god and Stiles' baseball bat that I will kick your ass!!!" She Screeched and you could barely see Scott he moved so fast. 

"Scott McCall you asshole!!" Screeched Elena? I think as she saw Scott and rushed forward slapping him. Hearing Malia and Derek snort I rolled my eyes at how alone they were, Hales am I right? 

I laughed at the 2 cousins as they bickered as to why Scott didn't mention he was coming to Mystic Falls and he tried to come up with excuses. We all eventually headed inside and we're just talking gettingto know each other or catch up when the door swung open crashing into the wall. 

"Well well I'm hurt, where was my invited?" 

A/N who wants to take a guess at where our little smol bean Jeremy was? Comment any Criticism or thoughts it's all welcome. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!