iii. The Boy Who Went To The Movies

CHAPTER THREE — THE BOY WHO WENT TO THE MOVIES

MIKE'S EYES WERE BLUE SKY WHILE CLAIRE'S WERE BLUE OCEAN. Their mother would often remembered that to them, as she used to called them little sky and little ocean respectively when they were child. Mike had asked for her to stop with it when he became a teenager and started combing his hair in that peak style that he left some months ago, although his nickname was still often used by Claire when they were alone. Her brother would annoyed her with the little ocean name too, even if he was sure that it didn't actually bother Claire. It was a thing between them, just as how they would agree to exchange shifts at the store when it was needed (in other words: when Mike had a date or Claire wanted to go to La Push one last time before rain came). The Newtons siblings' bound was tight and strong, and all people could notice it—but that did not mean they were always happy with the other.

As a sample, in that very moment, Mike's blue sky eyes were looking at Claire far of being pleased at all. The girl could see them through the mirror while she finished doing her hair, and kept quiet in the wait for her brother to say something after almost two or three minutes of standing next to her door, just as calm as the same Phillip.

Mike finally hawked. "So Trevor is not coming?"

"He told me he got the flu" she answered back. At the end, she had in fact decided to invite him and he had agreed, but Trevor lacked to school that day, and he had sent her a message earlier telling that he was unable to go to Port Angeles because of his illness.

"And do you still want to go?" he asked, causing to Claire to raise one of her eyebrows in response. Mike shrugged with apparent innocence. "I thought he was kind of your date."

"It was a group invitation, Mike, not a date thing" she clarified, starting to search in her closet for something to wear while remembering Alice's advices of how to wear what and how not to totally ruin your style. She could almost imagine her right there, making suggestions. She missed her, and even Rosalie. Claire vaguely remembered the graduation celebration of the eldest Cullens, and all the pictures that Alice took because in her opinion Claire looked adorable in her dress. She glanced at Mike's own clothing, returning to the present, and it was impossible to suppress the smile that appeared in her face. Her brother was using one of his date shirts, though she knew he would denied it if she had mentioned it. She liked that one in particularly; it made his eyes looked bluer, a thing that his blond hair aid too. "And yes, I still want to go" she continued. "But I think you don't."

"Of course I'm going!" Mike's voice sounded as he had been insulted.

"You know what I mean" now it was her turn to give him a not amused look. He made a grimace. "It's just a movie, blue sky. Relax. Besides that, you've been talking about it all the week, what bothers you now?"