xvi. The Boy Who Was Lucky

CHAPTER SIXTEEN — THE BOY WHO WAS LUCKY

"I HAVE A SOULMATE, PHILLIP" Claire muttered from her place at the bed. Phillip barely gave her a simple glance, which she answered with a tired whisper. "A soulmate" she repeated because first, Phillip probably needed to hear it once more in order to understand the magnitude of the situation; and second, the same Claire was the one, who in fact, couldn't understand a thing of the magnitude of the situation. She was still not able to believe in her own words, nor Embry's, nor matter how much times she kept trying and trying to pronounce soulmate or imprint like if they were just common terms for her. 

What did she even know about him? Embry liked blue (a good signal because she liked blue too, and not that it was that important, but they did exist a lot of different colors, and Embry picked up the same that Claire did, what a nice coincidence, uh? Maybe a soulmate connection or was Claire really overreacting and trying to find whatever to establish a logic relation with Embry? Probably the second), had a pretty smile (and he looked so cute when he did that gesture of him, yeap), could turn into the shape of a wolf just like his friends... And that was all. 

But he was her soulmate, no matter the small amount of information she had about him, or the few times they had been together or established a proper conversation. 

She did mean it when she told Embry that the fact that he left his imprint on her was weird. Because it was. A super weirdo declaration. She hadn't felt the same way when he explained her about the shapeshifters and their abilities, but that was probably because it didn't involve her directly, didn't include the word procreation (yes, Claire could perfectly remember that part in Embry's explanation), and she had actually seen it face to face in the Clearwater's house with Leah and Seth, so there was no way to avoid the reality of the matter—but she had seen Sam and Emily too, she couldn't deny. And if it really existed a stronger force than love to get to people together, they were the prove of it: true soulmates.

Claire whispered again. "Soul and mate are two big words when they're put together, don't you think, Phillip?"

"Don't ask to me" she didn't see Mike from her position, surrounded by pillows, though she could perfectly identify his voice. When she moved, she found him next to the door, his hands empties, and with a mixed grimace-smile on his face, "but I guess Phillip is not giving you an answer soon."

Phillip barked at him. 

"Your dog is a savage, blue ocean." He commented, taking a sit on her bed.

She laughed for his reaction. Mike would be a good distraction, considering her messy thoughts and her inability to accept that she was the real mean-to-be for Embry Call. "Remember when you used to call him your forever date?"