viii. The Girl Who Changed The Boy's Life (Pt. I)

CHAPTER EIGHT — THE GIRL WHO CHANGED THE BOY'S LIFE (PART I)

SUN RISED AND COVERED WITH ALL ITS GLORY —OR AT LEAST ALL THAT COULD BE FIND IN A SOMBER PLACE LIKE FORKS— ONE SIDE OF THE CALL'S HOME. More specific, Embry's Call room window. The boy let out a moan as soon as he realized that dawn announced its coming, and when he opened his eyes, calm was substitute by other four impetuous voices calling between his thoughts. Only half hour ago he had just laid in his bed, too tired like to even take his sneakers out...

Rise and shine, guys. We got a bloodsucker to kill today, he heard Jared's voice in his head. Embry moaned again, putting a pillow over his face in an attempt to forget the mental link with the members of the pack. It was something great during hunting, he had to admit, but privacy was no longer a word with the same meaning for the shapeshifters. Don't be a girl, Call, Jared added, conscious of what Embry was thinking about their connection because of their damn connection. I know you love the sound of this precious voice of mine.

Then he would really be a girl, Jacob interfered. Embry had felt him even before he spoke. His thoughts about Bella were not quite small (if thoughts came in sizes), and in the moment that ten million images of the pale girl came into his mind, he knew Jacob was already awake. Don't be an ass, his friend continued. None of us complain when you share us ten million images of Claire.

Embry rolled his eyes. And he thought about it so Jake could know that his comment pissed him off.

Wait, guys, how the hell do you have tell million memories of your girls? There was Jared again. Does it means that you have seen them ten million times or you just remember them for different angles or what?

Shut up, you idiot. Paul participated for the first time. Embry felt anger through his words, and by all the insults that he lead against Jared, he could say that Paul was not quite pleased by the fact of being awaken after a long watch. They're obviously joking.

Jared snorted. I don't know, I daily heard this of Bella, that of Claire... It could be possible.

What about Kim? Paul continued. You never stop thinking of her.

He could almost see Jared shrugging.

Well, if you can't remember, I imprint on her, and I care about her, and hey— I'm kind of totally in love with her!

Imprint. Embry shut his eyes again at listening to that word. Jared's, Paul's and Jake's voices where still in the fond if his mind, arguing, but this time his thoughts were high enough like to rise above them.

For Jared, things with Kim were almost as natural and easy as if both of them had known about the moment. Embry remembered that he had barely seen into her direction for once before the change, but after his transformation then she was everything for him. And it was perfect for Kim when Jared suddenly started talking to her, as she had spent some of her evenings fantasizing with him. They were lucky; Kim of having him after many time in love, and Jared because she had already loved him.