Chapter Thirty Four- Barbecue

Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Amy's POV

Well that wasn't the most awkward 50 minutes of my life. Sat in a car with Klaus and Jade whom really were not on good terms with me at the minute. Couldn't really get any worse if you ask me. They literally didn't speak to me the whole way there. God I don't even know what I've done wrong, like fair enough if I had done something but I actually haven't. For once. Klaus pulls up to the house and I immediately jump out slamming the door behind me and walk ahead of them into the house. If that is house the ride on the way here was I am not getting a lift back with them, I'll take the fucking bus.

"Hello?" I step into the house and close the door behind me.

"En la cocina! (In the kitchen!)" I hear my Mom shout though the house. I walk down the long corridor full of family pictures and finally get into the kitchen, seeing my Mom and Rain stood fixing up some food.

"Hola Mama, cómo estás? (Hello Mom, how are you?)" I say as I give her a huge hug.

"Oh Amy! mirarte, te ves hermosa! (Oh Amy! Look at you, you look beautiful!)" I smile as my Mom kisses me on the cheeks and Rain gives me a hug.

"You do look cute, I'm loving the top" Rain says to me and I smile back at her thanking her.

"Oh Dios niña, necesitas comer algo, has perdido tanto peso! No es bueno mi chica (Oh goodness girl, you need to eat something you have lost so much weight! Not good my girl)" My Mom says as she pinches my waist trying to pull at the skin causing me to slap her hands away.

"Mamá, estoy bien parada (Mom, I'm fine stop)" I groan as I move away from her.

"You have lost weight, not that you were fat you just look different-"

"Mom, this is Jade my girlfriend" I hear Klaus say cutting Rain off as we speak. I turn to see Jade walk in with Klaus hand in hand making me roll my eyes.

"Mamá, si me disculpas (Mom, if you'll excuse me)" I say as I go outside through the sliding patio glass doors. I go out into the garden seeing my Dad, Elijah and some girl I have no idea who she is. The garden was very much like the one at the sorority house, with the pool being at the centre and a garden woodland area at the back. There was an area for seating on the decking when my father had the barbecue going.

"Hello, did you miss me?" I joke as I walk up the steps of the decking.

"Oh Amy, it's about time you showed up around here. I've been waiting for someone to come with me to see the new Star Wars film for weeks now!"

"We will go sometime, don't worry- how are you? Was your cruise good?" I ask as I give him a hug as he flips some of the meat on the barbecue.

"Just like every other cruise we've been on, absolute shit" he says and I can't help but laugh.
"But your mother loves them so I can grin and bare it for her" he says making my heart melt.