Chapter Forty Nine- I Told You So

Chapter 49

Amy's POV

"I think we're gonna go" I say as I walk into the kitchen. My Mom was on her feet collecting plates and clearing the table with my Dad whilst everyone else had seemed to wander off into the garden.

"What,no no no, estaba a punto de traer el postre (no no no, i was just about to bring dessert out)" My Mom sighs as she puts the plates down on the side.

"Lo siento mamá, la comida fue increíble, es una pena que algunas personas la arruinaron (i'm sorry Mom, the food was amazing just a shame some people ruined it)" I say as she gives me a huge hug making me smile.

"Thank you for having me Mrs West, the food was amazing" Harry says making me laugh.

"I just said that-" I say but catch myself realising he wouldn't of understood me.
"Oh sorry" I say as I laugh lightly at his confused look on his face.

"Thank you cariño" My Mom gives Harry a huge hug.

"Lo siento mucho mamá, tal vez podamos ir a almorzar la próxima semana? (I'm really sorry Mom, maybe we can go for lunch next week?)" I say as Harry grabs our things from the counter.

"No te preocupes cariño, solo llámame cuando llegues a casa (Don't you worry sweetie, just call me when you get home)" she says as she gives me a sweet hug.

"Okay" I say as she walks out with plates into the garden after giving Harry a kiss on the cheek. I turn to my Dad as he sets new plates on the table.

"Why am I always the last one to know everything? When were you guys going to mention you were together-" he says without even looking at me. I feel Harry come up behind me now making this situation all the more awkward.

"We're not together- I mean uh- well we kinda haven't worked that part out yet Dad, I just I would of told you but we were waiting until the time was right and then it kinda got taken out of our hands and I'm sorry" I tell him as he lays the plates out on to the table.

"I thought something was going on the other week at the barbecue, but I didn't say anything just in case" he says before turning to the both of us folding his arms across his chest.

"I'm sorry" I say, stepping back a little into Harry who puts his hand on my waist.

"Harry I apologise for Klaus' behaviour tonight it was totally unacceptable and I will be talking to him later. I know you will treat my daughter-"

"Dad..." I groan leaning my head back onto Harry as he was starting to embarrass me. He rolls his eyes laughing at me before carrying on.

"I have to say this, I'm the Dad- anyway you know what I was going to say, I trust you both. I hope you guys a sensible and sa-" my eyes widen as I cut him off.

"Okay time to go!" I raise my voice over his words before he could go any further making Harry laugh.

"I'm just saying!" My Dad puts his hands up in defensive as he laughs.

"Okay thanks for that Dad, I will call you later" I call as I grab Harry's hand spinning him round and dragging him out.

"Bye Harry!" My Dad calls from the kitchen as he laughs lightly.

"See you later Mr West!" Harry calls back as we reach the front door. We leave the house quickly and I can't tell you how quickly I walked to that car in my life.

"I can't believe that just happened" I say covering my face in embarrassment as Harry walks next to me. 

"He's your Dad, he's bound to come out with something like that" he says making me roll my eyes.