4.7

CHAPTER SEVEN

The Revengers

- - - - -

SAKAAR

Ana had taken Thor and Bruce into the crowded market streets through the alleyways. She had been on the ground for weeks, so she knew her way around the city well enough to know where she suspected there wouldn't be any of the Grandmaster's guards. She only hoped she ran into Loki soon so that the four of them could find a way out of Sakaar. Their time together made sure that a very faint mutual trust and support developed. She needed him to keep the Grandmaster busy while she broke laws, and he did it, not asking for anything in return. Ana still hated Loki for causing the chaos back on Earth all those years ago, but the more she talked with him, she realised there was another version of the story. Another person behind the Battle of New York. Loki would never go into detail about it, though he left room for Ana's imagination to take over. And her theories weren't pleasant.

"How do you know where we're going?" Bruce asked Ana, trying his best to rearrange his jeans so that he didn't feel uncomfortable.

Ana looked at him over her shoulder briefly and stifled a laugh when she saw Thor massage Bruce's shoulders. "I've been here for close to a month now. And this isn't my first space rodeo. I've visited the galaxy many times." She said, ushering the two into an alley, sitting Bruce down on a porch in front of a building. He stared at Ana wide eyed. He definitely missed a lot. He groaned and slumped his head forward into his hands.

Thor still massaged his back, mumbling the lullaby. Bruce snapped his head at him, "Would you please stop?" He exclaimed.

"I just need you to stay calm." Thor retorted.

"Calm!? I'm on an alien planet!" Bruce shot back.

Thor scoffed. "It's just a planet. You've been on a planet before."

"Yeah! One!" Bruce argued.

"Now you've been on two. That's a good thing. It's a new experience." Thor continued.

Bruce ran a hand through his hair, breathing heavily. "My neurons, they're firing faster than my brain can handle the information. The whole thing is totally different this time. In the past, I always felt like Hulk and I each had a hand on the wheel, but this time it's like he had the keys and I was locked in the trunk." He explained.

"Well, he went for a crazy ride." Ana mumbled. "Won a few contests in the meantime."

"Alright, well, you're back now, that's all that matters." Thor told Bruce.

"No, it's not what matters. What I'm trying to tell you, is that if I turn into the Hulk again, Banner may never come back. And we're stranded on a planet that is designed to stress me out." Bruce looked around the place, and at the centre of an open area in the middle of the city. Sakaarians were celebrating the Hulk, dancing around and dressed in green, hoping to draw their champion out of hiding.

"We're not stranded, Ana and I are gonna figure out a way to get us home." Thor said.

"Thank you." Bruce sighed out in relief.

"Not your home, though. Asgard." Thor added.

"What?"

"We gave Hulk a speech. You don't remember?" Ana asked, watching as Bruce shook his head.

"Listen, my people are in great danger. The three of us, we have to fight this really powerful being who also happens to be my sister." Thor explained quickly.