7.3

CHAPTER THREE

Ghost

- - - - -

OUI RESTAURANT
SAN FRANCISCO

"This brings me way back."

Ana spun around in her seat in the back of Hank's van, watching as the computer monitors blurred together into streams of blue light. She was accompanied by Scott and Hank, who were watching over Hope as she entered a restaurant called Oui to meet with Sonny Burch. Ana had changed out of the clothes she slept in into a simple pair of black jeans, a white tee and a leather jacket. Scott planted his palm on the back of Ana's chair to stop her from spinning, and shot her a look.

"You're gonna puke again. Stop." He stated.

Ana sighed, and shuffled in-between Hank and Scott to grab onto the table that carried the monitors. "I should've gone with Hope. Staying inside was never my strong suit." She said.

Hank folded his arms over his chest as he looked at her. "Burch has dealt with Hope alone on multiple occasions. I'd like to keep it that way." He replied. Ana understood his response, knowing it'll only make Burch suspicious if Hope brought a friend along to their meetings.

Scott pointed at a small can of breath mints on the table and reached for them. "Can I have one of these?" He asked, then retracted his hand when Hank swiped the mints from his reach.

"No." Hank said. Ana sent both men an uneasy glance. This was going to be awkward. She turned her attention to the monitors, watching as Hope approached Burch with a bag full of cash.

"Who is this guy?" Scott asked, pointing at Sonny.

"Sonny Burch. He traffics in black market technology. He's been getting us what we need to build the tunnel." Hank answered.

Ana grinned. "Never pegged you for a black market buyer, Hank. I mean, I've bought a few things myself, but that's a story for another time." She waved off.

Hank shot her an amused glance while Scott narrowed his eyes at her. "You better fill me in on everything you've mentioned since you came to visit me, Ana. I wanna know about that alien!"

Ana patted his shoulder. "All in due time, Scotty."

Scott grumbled softly and went to reach for the breath mints Hank had in front of him, hoping this time he could grab one. "Could I just have one..."

Hank slapped Scott's hand before it could touch the tin. "No." He told him.

Ana reached over and raised the volume from the feeds they were getting on the monitors. "Shh, hold on..." She whispered, and listened closely as Burch spoke to Hope. Hank and Scott tuned in also.

"You know, I have a special friend, down at the FBI. And I say special, because... Well, he tells me things that I didn't previously know. For example, your name isn't Susan. It's Hope Van Dyne. And your unseen associate, that's your father, Hank Pym." Burch revealed to Hope, catching her off guard. From the video feeds, Ana could see the look of uncertainty spread across Hope's face, urging her to go inside the restaurant just incase anything... violent were to take place.

"That's not good, Hank." Scott commented.

"No shit." Hank stated.

Ana studied Hope's and Sonny's conversation. Sonny knew that she was building quantum technology from the parts she had purchased from him, and knew that technology like that was the future, it was something worth investing in. Sonny wanted to get involved with their project, having taken it upon himself to arrange a few buyers for the laboratory Hank and Hope were constructing. And the starting bid? One billion dollars. If Ana was still an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., she would want to know who Sonny was working for. And if she knew Fury as well as she thought she did, he would know what kind of man Sonny was, and already have him under investigation.