Chapter 5 - Zyron's rage and family drama

While the group of friends where following Eir through the woods, someone was waiting patiently in his castle. The castle was located on top of a mountain range, covered by dark mist and thundering clouds. Zyron was sitting down on his throne, awaiting good news from his soldiers. His long purple cloak was falling down from his black pauldrons, touching the ground below him as he was resting his head on his tightly shut fist, making his long black hair fall down over his pale grim face. As he was just about to lose his patience and retire to his chambers for the day, the big golden gate opened up and two soldiers came in.

  "I hope that you have brought me good news this time," Zyron said with a dark voice. 

  "You see, my lord... we haven't found any dragons," a soldier said with an unsure voice. 

  "What?!" Zyron said, raising his voice. 

  "You dare disappoint me once again?" the King said while looking down on his two subjects who were trembling in front of him. "This was your last chance to impress me. I'll collect your heads on a stick!" he ordered. 

  "Please! Your majesty! Spear our lives! We'll find the dragons if you just give us more time!" a soldier pleaded. 

  "My king, we couldn't find your dragons but we did discover your nephew," the second soldier said, kneeling down in front of his king. 

  "WHAT!? Are you telling me that little brat is still alive and walking around in my kingdom?!" Zyron yelled with pure rage, eyes glowing devilish red. 

  "Yes sire, we located him in one of your villages, living inside a small cottage," the soldier confirmed.

  "Your majesty, now that we have heard these news... maybe we should change our goal and kill your nephew instead of finding the dragons. It's not good to have an heir to the throne just wander around freely in your kingdom," Zyron's right hand whispered into Zyron's ear. 

  "As you wish old friend. Find him and bring him to me!" Zyron yelled and stood up, pointing a finger at the gate. 

  "I want to see his lifeless body with my own eyes and don't show your faces in front of me until you've succeeded!" Zyron ordered his men. Zyron's advisor was smiling behind his king as the two soldiers hurriedly rushed out the gate. King Zyron sat down once again in his throne and a wicked sadistic smile spread across his face. "Be prepared, my nephew, be very prepared, cause you'll need it!" he said and laughed.

***

While Eira and Sylvina walked next to Eir in the front, Almar felt a shiver run down his spine as he was walking behind his friends. 

  "Is everything alright, Almar?" Eir asked and stopped in her tracks. 

  "I'm fine, I just felt a weird shiver down my spine," Almar responded and kept walking. 

  "Oh, that's not good. Are you still not feeling well? Are you cold? It's not that far to my house now so let's go get you warmed up," Eir said and touched his shoulder. Almars cheeks became flushed at the touch of her hand. 

  "HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU NOT TO TOUCH MY HUMAN!" Eira yelled.

When they were almost at the front of Eir's house, they turned around the corner and suddenly, they spotted soldiers standing outside the house. They quickly took cover in the bushes and watched the soldiers as they broke down Eir's front door. 

  "Why are they here?" Almar asked in a panicked voice and looked at Eir. 

  "I-I don't know," Eir stuttered, sounding worried.