Chapter 15 - Eir's true mission

The sky roared, loud and violently as the clouds crashed into each other. It sounded like the gods above were having an all out war. Underneath the sky, on top of a cliff, stood Zyrons castle. In the throne-room he sat on his throne, waiting once again. Expecting good news, he would surely punish any man who brought him something he didn't like the sound of. His thick eyebrows furrowed further the more he waited. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning shot down from the sky outside the large window and illuminated the dark hall. 

  "How long can it take to find one little boy!?" Zyron shouted, his scream echoing loudly throughout the room. 

  "Perhaps the boy's being protected by someone, my liege?" Venjamin suggested from his seat behind the thrones right side.

  "And who do you suggest that might be?" Zyron demanded, staring into the dark hall.  

  "Someone plotting against you, I'm thinking Sage has something to do with this," Venjamin responded in a low voice. 

  "Sage!? That witch! If I find out she has even the slightest involvement in this I'll order the men to seize her family!" Zyron yelled, raising his voice in anger. 

  "Let's just hope that our soldiers bring good news. If that is not the case we could," Venjamin paused and put a finger under his chin as if thinking of something. 

  "What are you saying, Venjamin?" Zyron asked, sounding slightly intrigued. 

Venjamin smiled a mischievous little grin and spoke. "Maybe I should try and locate your precious nephew?" Venjamin said and looked at Zyrons face. 

Zyron turned around to look at his Right hand. "Are you saying you know where he is?" the King demanded to know. 

  "I'm saying I'm a much better tracker than any of the soldiers of the royal guard," Venjamin replied. Then, he suddenly looked up, having heard footsteps coming from outside the giant gate. 

The big doors flew open with a bang and Zyron looked down at a small group of soldiers who all bowed deeply upon seeing their impatient king.

  "I trust you come with good news?" he asked, looking down at his soldiers with his read, glowing eyes. 

  "Your majesty!" one soldier stepped out from the group and got down on his knees, "we bring you a message from our soldiers located in the Narrow Groove forest," the soldier said and then paused for a while, seemingly hesitant about something. 

  "Well?" Zyron broke the silence of the frightened little soldier. 

  "W-we have good news but, there is also some bad ones," the soldier responded with a shaky voice. The king went silent and just stared down at the poor man with a look of pure fury in his eyes. The soldier whimpered and looked down at his shaking feet. 

  "Start with the good news," Venjamin ordered instead of his king, looking at the soldier with a sympathetic smile. 

  "T-they do believe to have found your nephew amongst the rebels, however," the soldier paused once again, bracing himself for what to come, "i-it has come to our attention that he is in possession of the last dragons!" 

  "He also used some kind of strange power that made him so strong he could defeat every one of our soldiers when trying to seize the two creatures from him," another soldier said and looked up at Zyron. 

Hearing of these news, the king became absolutely mad. His eyes glowed redder than ever before and steam seemed to oose out of his skin, as if the very core of his being boiled with rage. 

  "He has what?!" Zyron shouted, standing up from his throne. All of the soldier took a few frightened steps backwards. "Where is he?" Zyron spit out the words like poison.