Chapter 25 - True King

Almar and Lusha came to a huge corridor that looked like it could possibly lead to the throne room. But, as soon as they started walking, they heard footsteps. Almar pulled Lusha with him to a corridor that lead to the left and stood by the wall. They waited until the soldiers ran past them and then kept walking along the long path. 

  "We've been running around here for who knows how long. When are we going to find that snake in his nest?" Almar wondered, starting to run out of patience. 

  "Lost your spirit already?" Lusha asked. 

  "No, not yet," Almar replied.

***

Finally, they came to a huge wooden gate, painted in gold. Almar just stared at it, his body shaking a little. Lusha noticed and put her hand on his shoulder. 

  "Are you ready, ready to face him?" she asked. 

Almar just nodded silently as he touched the gate and pushed it open. Holding Lusha's arm for strength, he walked into the massive hall.

There, he found his uncle, Zyron sitting alone on a throne so high up it needed a long staircase to mount. Lusha stood by the gate behind Almar for backup if he ever needed it. The room was big, and empty. No one besides the two who had just entered and Zyron himself were there. 

Everyone else were busy elsewhere, you could even hear the ongoing battle from outside the castle walls. It was dark, only a few torches lit up the room, casting a strange shadow over the king's face. Looking down at him as if he was a lowly insect, Zyron's eyes turned into flames of deep hatred and despise. Not exactly the eyes of an uncle.

Almar walked up closer towards Zyron, surprisingly he just sat there calmly, tapping away with one hand. Pulling out his sword, Almar stood so close now that he could feel the pure amount of power coming off the evil king. 

  "So, we finally meet," he said with a dark, again, surprisingly calm voice. 

  "Listen, I don't want to do this, but I ask you to kindly step down from the throne," Almar said, he held his sword with a hard grip. 

  "And who is going to rule this kingdom in my stead if I comply?" Zyron asked with a laugh. 

  "Me," Almar said after a pause. 

Zyron's eyes grew redder, glowing hotter than the flames in the empty throne room. The king simply raised his hand and kicked Almar with some invisible force. Flying backwards, it had been so hard that he flew all the way back to the gate where Lusha's stood, now with a surprised horrified expression. At once, Zyron stood up. 

  "HAHAHAHAHAHA! You think you've got what it takes boy?! I am the king and with my newfound dragon-powers I will rule this kingdom forever!" Zyron yelled so loudly, the sounds vibrated and danced in the massive hall.

  "Almar, are you okay?" Lusha asked, helping him up. 

  "I'm alright," Almar said. 

  "Oh, trust me nephew, you won't be after I'm done with you," Zyron said, walking down from his throne, his sword making a sound as it was pulled out from its sheath. 

Lusha looked like she was getting ready to attack but Almar grabbed her arm and stood up. 

  "I need to do this, this is my fight," Almar explained, walking towards Zyron. 

  "Be careful," Lusha replied from behind with a worried voice. 

  "Human!" Eira shouted from the bag which was now in the firm arms of Lusha.