Chapter 12 - The Rebellion

After few hours of walking through the forest terrain, they came to the foot of a mountain and stood by the entrance of a cave. Almar had still not woken up. 

  "Human wake up!" Eira yelled and hit her tail on Almar's face. 

  "That's not going to wake him," the male elf said. 

  "Um, by the way, what are your names?" Eir asked carefully. 

  "The name's Varrick but you can call me Sasha," Sasha said with a little smile, "this is Lusha, my vice-commander," he continued and gestured with his head towards the female elf who walked next to him. 

  "I won't forgive this black haired she-elf for what she did to my human!" Eira said and stared at Lusha with anger in her blue little eyes. 

  "Are we there yet?" Sylvina asked, she sat on Eir's shoulder. 

  "Is this green dragon yours?" Lusha asked Eir. 

  "No, the dragons are Almar's. He has protected them for many years," Eir said and stroked Sylvina on her small beak. 

  "Now it's yours," Sasha said to her and looked at Almar. 

  "I see," Eir said. 

  "But human is always going to be my parent, the one who hatched me!" Sylvina said with a smile.

They all walked into the dark cave. Lusha lit up a torch. Eir was worried of what she'd do without him if Almar never woke up. Later, they walked in a lot of tunnels. Left, right, right, left and in lots of circles. Eir figured it was so that no one would ever find their way to the entrance and it would take hours to find the way in and back. 

Later, after what had seemed like forever to Eir, they saw a bright light at the end of the tunnel. And they all knew what it meant. Eir thought that they were finally at the rebellions hideout but instead, a forest stood in front of them. 

  "Let's rest," Sasha said, having noticed how tired Eir seemed and put Almar down on the ground under a tree.

  "Sounds like a good idea!" Eir said with a releaf. 

  "Human, wake up already!" Eira yelled into Almar's ear. Then he opened his eyes and jolted up with a shocked expression. 

  "I told you to stop that!" Almar said and shaked his head to wake up. 

  "How are you feeling?" Eir asked and sat down on her knees beside him. 

  "Fine but... Where am I? What happened, my brain feels fuzzy and I don't remember all of what happened after we were surrounded by Zyron's soldiers," Almar said and tried to remember what had happened. 

  "Almar do you know why Zyron's soldiers are after you? And why does the king want to talk with you?" Eir asked and looked down at him. 

  "How should I know? I have been too busy to hide Eira and Sylvina from him," Almar said and he still was confused. 

  "Your eyes changed, do you know why?" Sasha asked him. 

  "My eyes did what? I did feel rage inside me but I didn't notice that my eyes turned," Almar said, now looking even more confused than before.

  "Of course you didn't notice. It's not like you had a mirror around or anything," Lusha said. 

  "Don't be rude," Sasha said with a sigh. 

  "Sylvina, I'm so proud of you! You transformed into an adult dragon!" Almar said and picked her up. 

  "Thanks, Sylvina just wanted to protect Eir!" Sylvina said with a smile and wrapped her tail around his wrist.