NINETEEN|AMBER

I don't know what he thought he was doing

It could never end well.

Bringing a human girl into our world, much less one so beaten down and worn by life.

They witnessed her destruction,

That was until I realised just who she was.
I regretted everything about that night.

Then were left to wonder why,

It was all my fault. Yet I didn't for a second regret it.

For she saw nothing but the darkness.

I wasn't worried, I already knew how this would all play out.

Though the stars shone in her eyes,

It would end with death. It always did. The moon was never wrong. She whispered to me through silver words spun by star spangled fingers. At first, I was scared. But not now. It was going to happen, there was no stopping it.

But maybe they'd forgotten,

It's a strange thing, accepting death. It's something you have to grow through, now around. Become one with your fate and the goddess would thank you kindly.

When they failed to see the cracks,

The girl shifted besides me. She was still asleep but not for much longer. I didn't remember much of the previous night, except the bottom of a bottle of whiskey and shards of a shattered glass.

That a star's light shines the brightest,

She rolled over, her soft breaths fanning against my neck. "Good morning."
"Morning." I replied, why was she smiling? Strange.

When it's starting to collapse.

I shook my head in an attempt to clear it from my mother's words that echoed over and over in my mind.

"Listen Amber..."

"-Emery. My name is Emery." Her smile faded, and she began to chew on her lower lip, "You regret it don't you."

"No." It was true. I really didn't. I needed everything that she gave to me, my beast was growing frustrated , violent even, at the absence of what was promised to us.

She was ours but we could never have her. But Neither could he.

If he mated her she would die. He knew that. He wouldn't dare, he would never do that to her. Maybe one day, he would explain it all to her.

Maybe.

"Are you sure? You don't seem very..."

"Yes I'm sure." I sighed, dragging a hand through my tangled hair. "Can you please..."

"-Leave. Yeah I know the drill." She cut in. "Thanks." I mumbled.

The bed seemed so much colder when she wasn't there, she grabbed her clothes and disappeared to the bathroom wearing nothing but some thin lace panties, covering her chest with her arm.

I groaned, rolling onto my back with my arms outstretched besides me.

Maybe I shouldn't have fucked his ex, and also his current Gamma...
Oh well.

***
I'm so sorry this chapter is so late and so short but I litterally couldn't think of anything but a new chapter will be out sooner than usual hopefully to make up for this chapter.
And btw if you don't really understand this chapter dw it's meant to be just ramblings.
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟