FORTY|MASCULINITY

Nothing's harder than life

She of all people should know that.

I grabbed her wrist, still ever careful not to touch her skin, and dragged her behind me. She had to see him. She needed to see what I had done to him. She needed to see what I would do.

I suppressed the bubbling rage that boiled within me, threatening to spill over. I couldn't let that happen, not now. She was only just beginning to trust me, I wouldn't ruin it by scaring her. She had been through so much and it made me sick to my stomach at the thought of what she had been through.

They would pay. They would all pay.

The dungeons were cold and dank and smelled like decay. She followed me silently, either too afraid or to traumatised to ask where we were going.

Would she hate me once I showed her?

The beast inside me hissed and spat, raking his sharp claws along the walls of my self control, begging for freedom. Begging for blood.

His guttural cries echoed down the empty hallway, a thousand agonies ricochet off the stone walls into bloodied, repentant ears.

First I would show her the man who tormented her for years, who said he loved her with closed fists and empty bottles. My gut wrenched, and everything inside me burned with the lust to see his eyes turn cold, like a flame blown from a candle. I held off killing him this long, I could wait a little longer.

The faceless guard opened the door to reveal the half shadow of what once was a man. He now lay, beaten and defeated against the wall with thick silver chains curled around his chest and ankles, for there were no hands left to fasten, all that remained were two bloodied stumps wrapped in torn cloth.

"He will never lay a hand on anyone ever again." I hissed. I expected her to cry, to call me a beast.. a monster. What I didn't expect for her to stand there, stoic and emotionless as though the man before her didn't even exist.

I had underestimated her strength, but was firmly reminded when the single word left her soft lips, hard and unwavering. "Good."

Pride swole my chest, and my beast practically purred at her approval. I dropped her wrist, instantly missing the warmth she gave. She had changed, from a girl who was once fearful to ever look me in the eye, who cried into her pillow at nights and wished for the 'safety' of her abusers arms, but now she saw through him. She hadn't let her past destroy her, she had widened from it. Became harder, tougher, stronger. She stared him in the eye without hesitation, without sympathy or longing as she once would've. A dichotomy in her hatred, that boiled my blood.
Only a singular hate remained, that burned and raged, she wanted his head as much as I did. I could feel it. Even for a human it radiated off of her in waves.

She was so strong, stronger than she even knew.

Daniel looked up at her through eyes that were sinful shades of black and purple. The fight had gone out of him a long time ago.

He had been here many weeks now, after the first he spat in my face. After the second he had no tongue. After the third, he tried to attack a guard in an attempt to escape, strangled the man almost to death. After the fourth he had no hands.

After the fifth he was no longer a man. He was left a sodden and spineless creature, there for he had no need for his manhood. A sick smile tugged at the edges of my lips as I remembered his guttural screams as I tore it from his body.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as we stared down at what remained of a soulless man.
I lost no sleep after everything I had done to him, it didn't torment me for a second. However I wasn't sure I could harm my brother without the long nights seeming so much longer and void of rest.

I hated him, so much. For everything he had done to my mate. Everything he had out her through. He had violated her. He deserved no worse than the boyfriend.

But I couldn't kill him, I hoped Amora had the strength to do what I couldn't.

***
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟