TWENTYFIVE|PRIMAL

Shock soon turned to anger

-But this was more than anger, something far more raw.

Something far more primal.
Something far more terrifying.

I had never seen rage quite like this.

I had never seen something come within him that was this felt, this... emotive.

He was a storm, churning oceans and tearing trees from their long held roots.

Destroying houses, families... anything in his path, was left in a sorrowful wake of broken pieces.

I had struggled for a long while to find my pieces, to try to out myself back together. Every time he tore me down harder, faster and somehow always more brutal than the last until eventually... I stopped rebuilding.

Maybe it was because I had become more fragile, easier to destroy but the tearing down didn't seem to hurt as much anymore.

But not this time.
I had been away, I had had time to rebuild myself, stronger and better than ever.

This time would hurt more than ever before.

He was the monster you were never supposed to look in the eye.

Maybe I had a death wish, or maybe I just didn't care as much anymore.

I refused to look away, I refused to back down.

I was still no match for a beast like him... but that didn't mean I wouldn't die trying.

The first hit sent me spiralling, the world spun as I grabbed onto anything to try to steady myself.

The second one threw my to the floor, my head cracked violently on the door of the stove.
I touched my head to feel a wetness that wasn't there before, that didn't belong there.

"WHO WAS IT?" He roared, "WHO FUCKING DID IT!"

"What the hell are you talking about! Who did what?!"
-Maybe it was the fact the world was swaying like a ship on stormy seas, or maybe it was the fact that Daniel was fucking insane, but I had absolutely no clue what he was talking about.

"YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT I MEAN! WHOS MARK IS THAT ON YOUR NECK."

He tried to swipe me with one of his thick paws, but dodged it, backing further into the corner of the kitchen, still on the floor.

I grabbed the knife from my bra, wielding it like a madman. It was like a switch had been flipped. Before I would've begged for forgiveness but now I found myself hissing and spitting at the vile man like a wild cat, daring him to try me.

He laughed, a deep booming sound that made my bones rattle and my hands weak. "Oh Amora, you really are pathetic!"

"Fuck you," I spat at his feet. His eyes did not leave mine, I must have looked rabid. My hair was wild and matted, sticky with the thick red blood that also crawled down the side of my cheek.

If looks could kill I would've died a thousand times over. "Fuck me? How about I fuck you?"

He lurched forward, hands outstretched. I swung the blade, the bitter silver cut deep. From the top of his left eyebrow to the bottom of his jaw.

He pulled back like a wild animal. Cursing and roaring out his agonies to the sky. He held his eye as he thrashed like a bound dog. "What have you done to me!" He roared. "I'll fucking kill you!"

He fell backwards into the kitchen table, chairs scattered across the floor in a horrid symphony.

I took my chances. I bolted for the door.

I pushed past him, grabbing the keys to his truck off the kitchen side as I passed. I screamed as his hands raked through my matted hair but I didn't stop.

I ran for all I was worth and then ran some more.
I didn't know where I was headed but I didn't much care.

I jumped in his old beat up truck, shoved the keys in the ignition and slammed my foot down on the accelerator.

I looked back just intime to see a bloody faced Daniel staggering out of the front of the house wielding his 45 calibre he'd bought last year for 'protection.'

Shots smacked the belly out of the air as they rang out but I was already long gone.

After a while I pulled into the interstate, heading north. At this fucked up moment in time it was the only place that felt right.

***
Go check out my other two books that are out now! THE FALL OF ARTEMIS and PAPER CROWNS💗
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟