0.6) MATES?

{Chapter Six, Twilight, 'Mates?'}

The Potter girl hated the world, she hated what the war did to her, she hated that death eaters had gotten the Cullen's to help

The Potter girl hated the world, she hated what the war did to her, she hated that death eaters had gotten the Cullen's to help. It pissed her off to no end. How dare they?

She wanted Carlisle, and she didn't why. Why did she feel the need to comfort him? Why could she feel his self hatred?

She had to see him, so taking a large breath of air she drove to the hospital. She knew he was their because she could feel him. She walked to the front desk, and there was the receptionist who was trying to attract the attention of every male their, you could tell because she wasn't generally confident in her outfit, and that showed she was dressing for others. She wore a lot of make up- which could've looked good if it was the right shade for her skin tone. But Harriet didn't judge her. "How can i help you?" The receptionist asked, not liking the pretty girl standing in front of her.

"Umm.... is there any chance i could see Dr Cullen?" Harriet asked, which made the receptionist smirk. This was another girl trying to get into the Doctors pants. She wont get him, the receptionist was sure.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked in a snarky voice. 

"Well... no... but i need to talk to him. Its urgent." Harriet told the receptionist who just gave her a look of disapproval. Suddenly the Receptionist pushed her boobs up, and pouted her lips up. Harriet was deathly confused until she turned around. Just like the first time they had met the air was knocked out of her. She could see the hatred, depression and pure regret on his face. Until he made eye contact with her- and his entire face lit up. You could see the love and hope on his face. "Uh- Dr Cullen, can i speak to you?" She asked, her own eyes lighting up with hope as she did. 

He nodded, "Uh, Nancy clear my schedule please." He called to the receptionist, placing his hand on the small of Harriet's back. He gilded her to his office, and as soon as he did he removed his hand, knowing that she hated him. "Harriet, why are you here?" He asked quietly. Harriet looked up at the man in front of her. Her eyes glassy with fresh tears. 

"I need answers." She whispered. "And i'm drawn to you, i ask you Carlisle. Are we mates?" She asked. Her eyes filled with confusion and the need to know the truth. Carlisle sighed.

"Yes we are mates, and no we are not working with Voldemort. I only know of him- i dont really know much about what has been happening in England. I never returned." He spoke his voice calming Harriet immensely. Harriet just realized how close they were, only a few steps and she could kiss him. Would that make this all better? She looked up at Carlisle, almost crying, he walked closer to comfort her. He placed his cold hand on her warm skin. She then decided to lean up and kiss him, Carlisle was shocked he was going to push her off- she was so young- but as soon as her lips touched off he was lost in the kiss. They both were. 

Harriet pulled away slightly, "I need to explain to your family." She said, he nodded his head and kissed her again. Making Harriet giggle slightly, Carlisle smiled at the sound.