"I'm Sorry, What?"

-Maria-

I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was him! The same guy who I had slept with the night before, smirking in front of me.

I gasped again as he came over but I turned, about to leave but he grabbed my arm, turning me around.

"Hey beautiful," he smiled and I glared at him, yanking my arm out of his grasp. I scoffed, looking at him. "So you're Leonardo? My husband?" I bitterly asked, looking at him in disgust. He smirked, "the one and only."

I rolled my eyes, turning to leave but he stopped me again. "What?" I snapped, annoyed. "I have a question." I rolled my eyes again, "shoot."

"What kind of person kisses a stranger - no, sleeps with a stranger that comes in the night?"

I felt like I had been slapped. I scowled at him, "stop judging me-"
"I'm not," he innocently said with a smile as I glared at him. "Why did you want to sleep with me anyway?" I asked, arching an eyebrow up.

"I had to get you pregnant somehow."

My face dropped, "I'm sorry, what?"

"I didn't use a condom, Maria."

I looked into his eyes and chuckled, shaking my head. "Well done," I sarcastically said with a fake smile. "You officially have an heir. You happy?"

I turned and he let me go this time. I stormed out of the building, not caring if my beautiful dress got ripped or dirty. I stomped into my room and slammed the door like an angry teenager. I huffed, throwing myself onto the bed and covering my face with my hands.

How dumb am I?

"Really dumb."

I sat up and turned to see Valentina with a smile on her face. I groaned, "you heard?" She nodded, chuckling and I sighed, taking out the clips in my hair and tossing them on the side table.

"Everyone in the room did. It wasn't just you two in there." I sighed again, shaking my head as she grinned. "Hey, let's go shopping."

"Shopping?" I asked and she nodded, "yeah, Mia will be there - Vincenzo's girlfriend. Come on, it'll be fine and you can take your mind off things."

I nodded, agreeing with her. "Okay. I guess while we're there, I can buy a pregnancy test." She bursted out laughing and I shook my head at myself smiling. "I'll get changed and meet you downstairs in around ten minutes."

"Hey. ." She started nervously. "You alright?" I smiled, nodding and sighing. I tossed the test into the bin. "I'm fine," I admitted with a small smile. "It was going to happen one way or another."

"Yeah but. ." Val started but I shook my head, "don't worry. I'm fine. I've always wanted a baby anyway. .I just didn't think it would be with him."

So I was pregnant. Yay. .Note the sarcasm there.

I didn't really know how I felt. A baby was growing in me and I didn't know how to feel towards it. I loved babies and always wanted a family but was I ready to have one? With someone I don't even love?

I met Mia and she was a lovely girl who seemed perfect for someone like Vincenzo although they were opposites. She was incredibly beautiful too and I found it unreal that she was human. She was really pretty. I got along with her fine and getting to know her was fun.

Mia sighed before giving me a small smile, "I'll babysit." I chuckled softly, standing up and smiling. "Deal. Now come on, it's getting late and we should be getting back."