CHAPTER 3

Bonnie sounded terrified. They left the bathroom in a hurry and I let out a sigh of relief. But, their conversation got me wondering. Vampires? Mikaelson's? It sounds like a Paranormal Cult.

I headed down the Nurse's office as I clutched my broken wrist. I gently knocked on the door and Martha, the school nurse opened it for me. She gasped as she scanned me up and down, seeing my cut and bruises. She ushered me inside and demanded I sit down on the bed.

"What did they do to you?" She asked. Martha's like a mother to me. A better one compared to who I live with. She knew what the three do to me and it pains her to see me like this. She's tried to persuade me to report them to the Principal but I begged her that it says between us.

"They tripped me," I replied as she dabbed a wet cotton ball on my chin. It smelt of alcohol and, no matter how much it stings, I got used to the feeling.

"Dear, you have bruises on your body and a bleeding chin," She pointed out, "This can't be caused by a measly trip,"

"Don't forget the broken wrist," I added as her eyes widened once more, "I'm fine. Caroline stuck her foot out when I was trying to leave. They could've done worse,"

"I still don't know why she torments you," She muttered angrily. She was currently bandaging my wrist as my other hand held an ice bag against my bruise, "She's your sister for Pete's sake,"

"Me either," I mumbled. She cut off the excess bandage and went back to her desk. She opened the drawer and fished out a rectangular box. She handed it to me with a loving smile on her face.

"What's this?" I asked, fiddling with the red bow on top.

"Open it." I did as she said and found a new pair of glasses with a gold frame. Compared to my old one, this was a big upgrade.

"Oh my—this must've cost you a fortune!" I exclaimed, "Thank you so much!" Happy tears were pouring down my cheeks as I embraced her so tight.

"You deserve it, Sweet pea," She said, pulling away. She wiped away my tears and cupped my chin, saying, "You're a brave girl, Persephone. Your victory will come,"

-----------

It was already 6 in the evening as I trudged back home. I went back for my stuff before I left school and found them neatly placed on my chair. No note was left behind nor was anything missing. I may have had a bad morning but my afternoon made up for it.

I passed by the Grill and saw the Gang by the window booth, laughing and all smiles. Mom won't allow me to even step foot in the Grill but I break that rule when I get the chance. I sighed in jealousy at the sight and prayed that they won't notice me pass by.

"Look what we have here," Too late.

"Please leave me alone," I whimpered as Caroline, Elena and Bonnie surrounded me on all sides. I looked back at the booth and saw Tyler and Stefan too engrossed in a conversation.

"Why would we do that? The night's just begun and, by coincidence, we were trying to find some entertainment," Caroline stated as she grabbed me by my hair.

"Up for some fun, Loser?" Elena asked and before I could reply, Bonnie kneed my thigh, which caused me to kneel. She looked around, making sure there were no passerby's before she slapped me in the face, while Caroline still has a hold of my hair.

Elena stepped in front of me and grabbed my face with her hand. Tears started to well up as her other hand was raised to a fist. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact, when I heard a crack and a bang. The hold on my hair was gone and so was the hand grabbing my face.

I opened my eyes to see Elena on the ground, clutching her stomach. Bonnie was passed out on the sidewalk and Caroline had her neck twisted in a different direction.

"Now, that's no way to treat an innocent girl," I heard a voice say.