CHAPTER 23

"Out all night. What a scandal!" Kol teased as Klaus and I entered the Mikaelson mansion hand in hand.

"Get of our way, Kol," I said, when he blocked our way.

"I must say, I did not see this coming," He said, gesturing to our hands.

"Then you're the biggest idiot in the world," Rebekah butted in.

"Move, Kol," Klaus demanded and Kol did as asked. We plopped down on the couch, with Klaus' arms around my shoulders. I leaned my head on his and sighed in content.

"I hate to ruin the night," Elijah said, appearing in the room.

"Elijah! You're back!" I exclaimed, sitting up.

"Glad to be back," He said, "However, this arrived on our doorstep,"

In his hand was a box, tied with a green ribbon and an all too familiar seal. I rolled my eyes and groaned, hiding my face on Klaus' chest.

"Nope! Not dealing with them right now!" I said.

"If you don't, I will," Rebekah said, grabbing the box from Elijah and undoing the ribbon. When she opened the box, she gasped in surprise.

"What? What is it?" I asked, suddenly intrigued. She held up a black, cocktail dress. It had an asymmetrical neckline and the dress stopped above my knees. There was a lace cover that flowed up until my ankles and a gold headdress, with leaves on the band, that came with it.

"It's beautiful," Rebekah stated

"There's a card inside," Kol stated.

A dress fit for a Queen.

Love,

Aphrodite

"They gave me a week—one friggin week—to take it all in!" I shouted, standing up.

"Clearly, you don't have a choice, love," Klaus stated and I just glared at him.

"Right! Okay, how do you feel about this, Seph?" Rebekah asked me.

"Furious! My so-called mother can't just leave me on a stupid doorstep and dump all this Greek shit on me eighteen years later! I needed space. I needed time. But, no! Stupid family members keep dropping mail after mail, thinking I would agree to all of this," I let out. I have had enough. And being a vampire isn't helping with my emotions.

"Would you though?" Rebekah questioned, "Would you agree and be Queen as they said?"

"I mean—I...don't know. All my life, I was abused, tortured, bullied. And, when I met you guys, I finally had a chance to be away from all that," I stated, "This....is too much,"

I started to walk to the front door, when Klaus asked me, "Where are you going, sweetheart?"

"I need a drink," I replied and flitted my way out of there.

Let's just say, when I returned, my dress ain't yellow anymore.