CHAPTER 21

"Unless you give me a proper explanation, we're leaving," I warned about to turn back.

"Wait! Please!" Demeter begged, "This is my one chance in seeing you and who knows how long the next opportunity comes,"

"Better hurry, Dems," Apollo said, "Papa Zeus is looking for you,"

"The Underworld can't have no heir for too long. Your siblings have their own purpose, ruling hell is yours. You need to perform a ritual for you to unlock your full potential," She explained.

"Hold up! I need to take this all in. You can't just dump a whole lot of information on me in one night," I said.

"I understand. You only have a week to think this through. You have no choice in this or else one of my siblings will come after you instead and they don't respond well to disobedience," She said in a rush, "We have to go but please, believe me. I've waited for this for eighteen years. I just want you back,"

She caressed my face and tears started pooling in her eyes. Apollo cough, ruining the moment, saying, "We need to go. Hera can't distract Zeus any longer,"

Demeter nodded and suddenly embraced me. She whispered an 'I love you', before stepping back and their figure suddenly disappearing.

"Klaus..." I said, trailing off.

"Let's get you home," He said, carrying me bridal style.

"You don't have to carry me," I protested.

"You're tired, love. Sleep," He instructed, "When you wake up, it will be morning,"

And with that, I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.

----------

When I woke up, I was in my bed with my clothes from yesterday. Disgusted, I quickly showered and went downstairs, craving for blood.

"You're supposed to be in school, darling," I heard Kol say.

"One absence won't hurt anybody," I grumbled, opening the fridge and grabbing a blood bag.

"Heard you had an eventful evening," He stated.

"Let me guess, Klaus told you," I said, throwing the bag in the trash bin as he nodded, "No wonder Rebekah didn't wake me up this morning,"

"Also, this came for you," He said, handing me an envelope with a familiar seal.

"Where's Klaus?" I asked, opening the letter.

"Painting," Was his only reply before leaving me to myself. I read the letter and sighed at what is written on coffee-colored paper. I went up to where Klaus was and found him roughly painting on a canvas.

"What happened to you?" I asked, snickering.

"You're just...full of surprises, love," He said, putting the paintbrush down. He noticed the letter in my hand and asked, "What does your Mother have to say?"

"The ritual," I said, plopping down on his couch, "I still can't believe this is happening. I only wanted revenge on Caroline. I didn't expect my Olympian mother popping in,"

"Careful, sweetheart," Klaus warned, "Your hair's starting to gray,"

"Funny," I snorted, "I need a break,"

"How about dinner?" He suggested, staring at me.

"Are....are you asking me out?" I asked, bewildered.

"How 'bout it, love?" He asked, "Get your mind off things by spending time with the mean, old hybrid,"

"It's a date," 

A/N:

I must admit...this was not supposed to happen.