2

"Want to go make some puns for your vlog?" Liza was packing up her backpack, while David watched her from the filming spot, wishing she was his still.

"I think I'm gonna go out with the guys tonight." David spoke, thinking about Scotty's invite to a party downtown. A great way to get your mind off Liza; that's how he put it.

"You don't need to get my permission. It's not like I'm your girlfriend..." Liza realized her phrasing of that was wrong and she looked back to see David with his head down. She felt really bad, but they would get back together when they were ready. Liza still needed some time on her own.

"Yeah. I don't know why I said anything." David walked out of the room and Liza sat down her stuff on the bed.

"Damnit Liza. Why do you have to be so stupid?" Liza looked at herself in the mirror, her black mascara running down her cheeks.

After leaving, David headed out to Scotty's, trying to get out the emotions while driving.

"She doesn't want you, David. You have to accept that. She will probably be out with another guy and you're just her best friend." He arrived at Scotty's place and Kristen answered the door.

"How are you, buddy?" Kristen pulled him into a hug, and his fake act broke. Kristen held him while he cried on her shoulder. A few people walked by but they kept going out of courtesy.

"She doesn't want me Kristen. I lost her." David wiped the tears away from his eyes and tried smiling.

"You haven't. She just has to find herself and her own place before coming back. She will. I promise." Kristen hugged David once more.

"Woah David, she's mine." Scotty joked, coming behind Kristen and grabbing her by the waist.

"What's up David?" Scotty wrapped his arm around his friend's shoulders and pulled him into the kitchen. A couple other guys were in there, and acknowledged the new presence.

"Nothing much. Same old same old."

"Well this party tonight is in downtown at Kristen's friend Cassidy's apartment. We are supposed to get there by 10, so we probably need to get going." Scotty picked up his phone before walking out. David took a deep breath before joining him.

"No thinking of Liza tonight." He mumbled under his breath to himself, a reminder to have fun and not drown himself in misery.