13

"HEATHER!" Emily screamed. She knew her best friend was the only explanation why her Instagram was being blown up with direct messages.

"Yes, wonderful loving Emily?" Heather peeked her head out from behind the kitchen island, not excited for the next coming moments. Emily must have found out that she had went behind her back and told the vlog squad that Emily was the girl David kissed.

"I seem to recall me telling you not to tell people about my kiss with whatever his name is. It's freaking viral now. My Instagram is filled with people upset at me." Emily could not take this. She was trying to figure out her feelings for her ex boyfriend and did not need another boy to come into her life and stir more emotions. Even if he was really cute. 

"What is the harm? You and him would be so cute together and he is obviously interested in finding you. I mean his friends have posted it everywhere." 

"I'm still in love with Dennis. I can't throw what him and I have away." Emily spoke quite loudly. She had finally admitted it and it was something that she didn't feel good about at all. There was stuff that nobody knew about, not even Heather. 

"Emily honey, I will not allow you to waste any more of your life with that abusive asshole. You deserve so much better than him." Heather was ready to confront Emily about what she knew, what she saw right before the party.

"Dennis is not abusive. We both fight with each other." Emily tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, something she did when she wasn't telling the whole truth. 

"Em, I saw you and him right before the party. I saw him slap you so hard you fell to the ground. You do not let a guy do that to you. And I can guess that that night was not the first time something like that has happened." Heather grasped Emily's hand and she looked down, tears welling up in her eyes. She kinda just pushed all the bad thoughts about Dennis to the back of her head and made him out to be this perfect guy.

"Will you please just give David a chance? It might be the best decision you've ever made." Heather wrapped her arms around Emily and felt tears hit her arms. Emily looked up at her, tears crystallizing her eyes.

"I'm scared."