3

You could hear the music in the elevator from down the hall. It was very loud and David was surprised there had not been a noise complaint yet.

"Cass!" Kristen yelled, embracing a blonde in a tight hug. David had never seen this girl before or even heard a mention of her name.

"Hey Scotty." Cassidy smiled and hugged Scotty. She had a very sweet voice and was very pretty.

"Cass, this is the infamous David Dobrik. He needs a great night. David, this is Cassidy Wilde." Scotty dragged David forward and Cassidy hugged him. She smelled like vanilla and all David could think about was how Liza wore vanilla perfume. Stop thinking about her and have fun, David thought to himself.

"I can handle that." Cassidy dragged his hand to the kitchen where the drinks were. She mixed a concoction and handed it to him.

"This is my mother's secret recipe to a great night." David didn't know what drinks she had just put into a glass, but something about this girl had his trust. He took a swig and it burned his throat, but it was actually quite good.

"What is that?" David was inquisitive. He kinda wanted to make this again at home cause it was really good.

"A wise woman never shares her secrets." Cassidy poured some water into a cup and pulled David to the dance floor.

"Not 21?" He noticed her drinking water.

"Not a fan of alcohol." Cassidy pulled him closer to her and put her arms around his neck.

In the corner, Scotty and Kristen were watching the two.

"It worked, K. David's mind definitely isn't on Liza." Scotty was happy that his friend wasn't mopey like he had been for the past six months. Kristen felt bad for making this plan, but she couldn't stand seeing David unhappy. She was letting him rebound then Liza would get back with him.

"What do you want to do, dude?" Cassidy whispered in David's ear and he looked at her. It might have been the alcohol but he felt like kissing her in that moment.

"Kiss you."

"Then what you waiting for, sucker?" And in that moment, David's lips pressed against Cassidy's.