Chapter Five

I exhaled, remembering the moves I'd learned from Toni before. It'll be over soon - I attempted to reassure myself however I wasn't so sure it would be. I scanned the Serpents in the crowd, looking for anyone I knew, any condolences that could be given through facial expressions. There, I found Jughead, looking paler than usual, a crease plastered on his brow, demonstrating the empathy and slight discomposure. He looked just as nervous as I had felt. Toni smiled at me from between Fangs and Sweet Pea, though I knew she too was just as anxious for the dance. She herself had called it 'misogynistic', and a few other words I couldn't repeat, no matter how much I wanted to scream them at this moment in time. FP had been sat at the bar, but as he made his way into his office I took it as a chance to do the dance without him judging me. I knew he'd be angry at me for doing this, but I had to. I was unsure of whether I'd been convincing myself so I could be something I wanted, or something he'd want. Though I don't know why I was thinking so much about it; there's no going back now.

 As the music began and I lifted my arms, I felt eyes roam me. It was uncomfortable, though I continued to slide my hands down my body and moving them to my shirt, unbuttoning it. Hearty cheers could be heard as my top dropped, revealing a pink lace bra, and then my skirt dropped, leaving the black fishnets and heels on over the matching underwear. Reluctantly, I walked to the pole, beginning the tortuous play. Despite my inner feeling of horror, I remained as sexual and fuckable as possible, catching the eyes of the men, and women, in the audience. The song was slow, almost as agonizingly slow time was moving at this point in time.  

That was when I looked to the right, watching FP leave the study, almost running down the stairs. He ran a hand through the brown hair on his head, something I grew to understand he did with stress. Perhaps I was coming off too strong - but seeing the way he looked at me made me want to go further. Suddenly the dance was something I was enjoying, and as if it were only the two of us in the room. His brown orbs absorbed my pasty skin, and the way the little clothing I wore clung to it. As he made his way up onto the stage, removing his jacket, I smirked at him, returning the glances he'd given me. 
"Why don't we give a round of applause to Jasmine, show her our Serpent hospitality!" He shouted, and I stopped, walking up to him. His smile dropped when I reached his side, and as he placed his jacket over my shoulders, his brow straightened. 
"You have no fucking idea what you're doing." He whispered, harshly. Although it had upset me, I produced a bitchy smile, winking before walking off the small stage and going into the toilets. 

After a few minutes, Toni came in, holding her bag tightly. 
"Obviously they're my size, but I'm sure it'll fit you fine." She pulled out some shorts, and a baggy shirt. I thankfully put them on, then returning FP's jacket over my shoulders. Although the leather scent was strong, the smell of him also lingered, giving a slight comfort to me. It was stupid that I actually felt so attached, so mesmerized by him. It was idiotic how much of an effect I let him have over me. 
"So, did FP say anything?" Toni asked, winking. I shook my head, cheeks burning with embarrassment.
"Not really, I don't think he's very happy with me becoming part of the Serpents." My voice grew quieter, incase someone would hear. "I really don't know what to do, Toni. It's a bit of a mess, and he's like twice my age, it's impossible."
She listened as I rambled on about nonsense, working myself up slightly. I was sure she'd think I was insane, but as I vented more about things at home and how I had nowhere to go, we agreed I would stay with her for a bit until I could either find somewhere else, or my parents would take me back in. 

The night was becoming early hours of the morning, and we had left the bar at 2am. After my little episode, and my dance, FP hadn't spoken to me. We shared small glances now and then, but he made sure to keep a distance. I was determined to find out why he wanted to stay away from me so badly, was it my fault? Because of my hormones and emotions, I'd had a lot to drink, along with Toni and Pea. The three of us were completely wasted by the time we barged into her trailer, though thankfully her parents were out of town. It hadn't taken long for us to find a bottle of whiskey and drink more, then turning the TV onto Kerrang, singing away to whatever shit came on. It got to a point where songs we'd never heard before would blare through the tinny speakers, and we'd just babble on our own lyrics, no matter how awful or out of time they were.