chapter 2

I found some paper towels to clean up the dark coral liquid on the floor. I moved to wipe the blood off of Yoongi's face noticing how frail Yoongi was and it made me worried. He obviously has not been eating right. I had an empty dread wash over me. I know he is scared to have people come close to him because he doesn't want people hurting him...

That's why he is shutting me out he doesn't want his dad to hurt me, but what does that have to do with Yoongi and me?

Yoongi and I have been in the same school for years and he would always hide away from everyone. But not me why did he not cower away from me he was quite open. Is it because I acted like I was the happiest person in our school I mean he was the grumpy one. But I hated how he is always scared he shouldn't be, he should be treated like a king he is such a gentle person once you get to know him.

I saw some more blood dripping from Yoongi's mouth and nose. "Oh Hyung...I am sorry this is my fault." I put his unconscious head in my lap. I stroked his soft cheek watching the bruises slowly form under his jaw from his father's blow. You're too beautiful for this pain...I want to be nothing but your hope. I felt the tears cascade down my cheeks. I soaked the blood from his nose, but I noticed his eyes were fluttered awake as I wiped his lips. As I met his eyes I felt dazed I didn't want him to think of me as weird for touching him especially his lips. "Hyung are you okay?" I helped him out of my lap almost blushing....okay I was blushing.

"No, just get me some water idiot." He hissed, at this point I knew was his way of shutting me out. I rushed to the fridge and poured the cold clear substance. I noticed the water making little ripples in the cup because I was shaking a little from the adrenalin.

I walked over to where he was, but I noticed he was sitting against the wall close to the door gripping his stomach where he was beaten. "Thanks...they call you Jhope in school don't they?" I nodded. "I see why...and don't worry it only gets worse..." he sighed and downed the water wincing. He cleared his throat and spoke."Can you help me to your room?"

"Why m-my room?" He cocked his eyebrow and scoffed.

"Because it's closest to the stairs I don't wanna walk more than I have to."

"Hyung are you that hurt?"

"No I just don't wanna go the extra few walks to my bed plus I don't want you getting the brunt of this battle...you will understand later tonight." He looked down at his feet obviously upset. Then again he did get the shit beat out of him so I don't blame him. "Can you help me?"

I wrapped his arm around my neck. As soon as he stood up he winced and groaned. He wavered while trying to getting up. Possibly from being light headed, and most definitely in pain. I huffed angrily at my stepdad. I wanted nothing more than to assassinate him.

Maybe I could have learned to respect him...However, whatever respect I had before I moved in was gone. Yoongi will open up again he will be nice again he is just worried about me getting hurt.

I wrapped my arm around his legs and picked him up. I carried him bridal style Down the stairs. He buried his head in my chest his arms around my neck. Why did this feel right? I felt him weep in my arms. I leaned my head to his, but he pulled away. I felt my heart descend.

"Hoseok I am sorry I have to shut you out...." he said as I laid him on the bed. I cried but it was dark and he couldn't see me. "Go to my room and no matter what don't come for me."

He pushed me out of the room wincing and groaning from the pain as he moved. Not wanting him to injure himself more I just went to his room. His room was set up almost identical to mine except for his covers were blue and he had band posters on his wall and a guitar and books across his mirrored dresser. All through the ventilation above was ripped up and there was a hole where the connector for the vent should be. I laid down in the unkempt bed. Yoongi's smell of melon soap filled my nose.