Part five~

Part five~

I wake up in the middle if the night, so it's still dark. Kai is gone, probably since hours back. The drapery between my and Reitas "rooms" is not closed by the nurses yet and I have a good view over Reita. He is sleeping so peacefully.

I smile at his sleeping face.

"It was a long time since I saw you sleep like this sweetheart." I whisper so not the other patients would wake up. But that wouldn't matter cause in that second...

PEEP PEEP PEEEEEEEEEP

"Oh no!" I say in panic and presses the red button next to my bed.

Reitas heart has stopped beating.

"Please come quickly!" I shout, hoping that some doctors would hear me.

I start to press the red button again, thinking that they would come faster.

"Reita don't die! Don't leave me!" I shout and tears are escaping my eyes.

Some doctors are running in to this room and they do fast take Reita away from the room, hoping that they could save his life.

"I can might help! I can give him my kidney! Let me help him!" I scream after them.

One nurse stays with me and fails to calm me.

"If you in any way want to help him, you have to calm down. We need to take a blood test to know if you can give him your kidney, and we can't do that when you aren't calm." He says.

I force myself to calm down, but it's hard. I hit my head back to the pillow while tears are pressing out of my closed eyes. Sobs are escaping my throat.

"Take blood test on me now!" I say in frustration.

The nurse help me stand up out of bed. It hurts, like shit in all my wounds I got from the accident. But I force myself to walk with the nurse to another room to take the test. For Reitas life.

As fast as I can after entering the room the make blood tests in, I seat myself in a chair. Exhausted and hurt after walking.

"This is just going to hurt for a little while." The nurse says and pierce my arm with a needle and catch up some blood with a small box, or what to say.

"This will take five minutes for you to know if you can donate your kidney to Reita, you can wait here." He says and walks away with my blood to some other doctors.

I can't manage myself to walk somewhere, and I don't have anywhere to walk either, so I just stay here like he told me to do.

Five minutes aren't that much when you hear it, but after two minutes I am already tired of waiting, but what else can I do? I could fall asleep. I am just about to do that, when the nurse comes back into the room and awakes me.

"Good news! You can donate your kidney to him if you want to."

That is the biggest relief for me so far.

"Is he not going to..die..then?" I ask carefully.

"No, if he gets a new kidney he will survive and he can be out of here in a week, so can you." The nurse tells me with a smile.

It is no hesitating about that, I am going to save my angel, I am not going to let him die.

"I want to do it." I say with a lot of self confidence.

"Okay, well then, if you would like to follow me."

I slowly stand up and gets that terrible pain again, but whatever, I need to walk now.

I follow the nurse to another room. There is a shower and some soap..

"Take a shower, use the soap all over your body strictly. You need to do this so there won't be germs in the room during the operation, it can cause you and Reita infections. If you get any kind of problem, press the red button, you understand?"

I nod and the nurse leaves the room.

I get a small feeling that this is going to hurt.

I undress, step into the shower, press the button to start the water, drench myself with the soap and just like I was told to, I wash myself with is strictly. Everything is a fight against the pain.

When I have washed the soap away I step out of the shower and dress into another hospital clothing that was laid next to the basin.

There's a knock on the door and I open it. The nurse is standing there.

"Good you are done! It is acute now! Fast!" He says and lifts me up and starts to run towards the operation room Reita and the doctors waits in.

"Will he survive?"

I need to know.

"Yes, if we can be there quickly." Is my answer.

When we arrive I am set down on a bed. Reita is lying in a bed next to mine. His heart is now beating but barely. He has a mask on to help in breath and to keep him anaesthetised.

"Lay down please." The doctors tells me.

I do as I am told and they put another mask over my mouth to anaesthetise me. Soon I feel very sleepy and I fall asleep...

To be continued...