Girls and Guys

Day 5

I was surprised to wake up with Keith in my arms again. And how long we'd slept, I have to be honest it was one of the best nights of sleep Ive had in a while. Not having any responsibilities really messes with your schedule. I sigh and brush some of his hair out of my face. Keith pushed against me and I smiled. He surprised me last night. Just randomly telling me he was cold, when I know he was not cold. It was almost like he was trying to send me some kind of signal. But I doubt Keith even knows how to send a signal. They're supposed to be at least a little obvious, or only mean one thing. I couldn't tell if he wanted to go get blankets or to, well, cuddle. But I guessed correctly.

Now I can't stop wondering what it meant. It could have simply been he was cold. And it could just be my conscious telling me it meant more. I remembered yesterday. I'm not sure what it was that came over me but, I would have done anything for him. I'd never seen Keith in pain or cry before but I hated it. I would have sat there and made it all go away if I could. It felt like my fault for letting him fall but he jerked away from me too quickly. Keith hums and  shudders. I pull the blanket over him and wrap my arm around him again.

I knew what I wanted to do today, I just had to wait for him to wake up. I smiled and Keith moved a little. Hopefully he'll wake up. He mumbled and I could hear him, Lance. I smiled, he was thinking about me. When? I raise my brows, what could he be dreaming about. However many. I snickered and he hugged my arm. Keith, oh Keith, wakey wakey." I thought, hoping he'd hear me. He smiled in his sleep.

A Fuck you...

I sat up just as Keith burst into laughter. "Don't hijack other peoples dreams, douchebag!" He wheezed. I roll my eyes and grab my pillow to smuggle him with. He moved it away and stretched, "So, What's the plan for today?" He asks, rolling over to face me. He was still really close. I grin, "Well it has to start with a really big meal."

"Lance if I eat anymore I'll die," Keith whined, "Now will you please tell me what we're doing?" He bounced in his chair. I like when he's excited about things. You have to wait. I smile and he rolls his eyes, "We're attached to each other just say it out loud," he deadpanned. I smiled and pushed my empty plate away. "Fine, but I can only show it to you if you don't tell Shiro. He'll take it from me." I chuckle and he nods. "Get two glasses."

On our way back to my room, I listened to Keith think. I know we agreed not to but, I've always wondered what goes on in his head.

Lances surprise better be cool, I didn't over stuff myself for nothing.

I smile. He has no idea. We go into my room and I get on my knees in front of the bed. Keith sits down beside me, "What are we doing?" He asked  sitting the glasses on my bed. "Promise you won't tell anyone?" I ask a final time. He nods and I reach under my bed, pulling out the oversized jar. I sat it between us. He raised a brow. I pull off the pillowcase and grinned, "Homemade Hooch! Just like Uncle Roberto used to make on the farm,  just before he was stomped to death by his prize winning mule." I sigh and Keith gasped. I shake my head, "Nah, he's not dead. But he was stepped on, a lot. And he only has 6 and a half toes and 8 of his real teeth, unrelated to the mule thing." I say all at once. Keith's lips press into a thin line and he held his breath.

"It's okay to laugh," I say and he bursts into laughter, bending over and burying his face into his hands. I shook my head and chuckled. Pretty soon his cackles became pained giggles and he was wiping his eyes. "I'm sorry that's just- ha- that's hilarious," I nodded and turned to face him, putting the jar between us.