1

You stand leisurely on the porch of the crime scene, your eyes wander to the reporters getting drenched by the rain with a sigh. Your partner Lieutenant Hank Anderson was late. You were annoyed, but certainly not surprised. Lifting your arm, you shake away the sleeve to glance at the watch securely strapped to your wrist.

11:58 pm

You had been waiting for at least forty-five minutes for the Lieutenant to arrive but to no avail. You considered going out to check Jimmy's Bar, his usual 'hangout', but in the end decided against it. I wouldn't be able to convince him to leave anyway, you thought to yourself. Soon, you would give up on waiting for him and investigate the house on your own. The thought of ditching the investigation as soon as possible to go home and sleep was very tempting.

Before you decided to go ahead with that thought, a familiar car pulled up on the curb. What amazing timing. Letting out a tired huff, you twist your neck a few times. You felt tense already, Hank being late wasn't helping whatsoever.
You clear your throat "Collins, he's here!"

Officer Ben Collins emerges from the front door of the crime scene. He glances over at you and nods his thanks.

Hank swings himself lazily out of his car, pushing past the rude reporters. He mutters something you can't detect. Walking past the officer standing guard near the entrance, he comes over to you.

"Well, would you look at that!" Your hands sit on your hips now. "You actually showed up!" Sarcasm drips from your voice. Hank rolls his eyes, only replying with a 'uh huh'. You shake your head, typical Hank.

"Androids are not permitted beyond this point."

You look up, behind Hank and whoever he started talking to. You didn't take note.

"It's with me," Hanks grumpy voice calls out, so the officer lets the person pass. "What part of 'stay in the car' didn't you understand?" He grumbles out.

"Your order contradicted my instructions, Lieutenant." A weirdly formal voice replies. You glance at the person, and upon further inspection conclude that it wasn't a person, and in fact an android.

It's face was... Oddly nice. Not that you would ever admit that out loud. It had these pretty cocoa eyes and slicked back chocolate hair with a random stray on the left side of its face. If you could, you would probably stare at its face all day... No, You shake your head. I'm being silly. What were you thinking? This was an android you were talking about. You decide to push it to the back of your mind. You didn't realise, but you had zoned out for a few seconds.

"So... You got yourself an android, huh?" Ben joked. He let out a short laugh and turned around to walk back under the porch. You chuckled along with him.

"Oh very funny." Hank was far from amused. He continues. "Just tell me what happened."

Ben then goes on to tell Hank and the android who's name you hadn't learnt yet the situation as they walk into the house. You follow them in, holding a hand over your nose and mouth to try and block out the rancid smell of decomposing flesh. You didn't bother to listen as he had already informed you earlier in the night of what allegedly happened. Instead, your eyes were trained on the android. Not in fascination this time, instead in confusion. Why was it here? Androids aren't of any use at crime scenes, not often at least... Why was it with Hank? Everyone in at least a five-mile radius knows Hank despises androids with every fibre of his being. You would have to ask Hank after Ben finishes talking.

"I-I gotta get some air..." Ben stammers. "Make yourself at home. I'll be outside if you need me." With that, he rushes past you and out the front door. You chuckle again.

"Hi, I'm Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife. In accordance with procedure, the company has sent a specialized model to assist with investigations." He relays his programmed lines like, of course, a robot. "I will act as Lieutenant Andersons and your partner." It continues. "It is nice to meet you Sergeant Y/F/N Y/L/N."

You squint your eyes at him in confusion and suspicion. "How do you know my name? Wait, you know what? I don't care." You shake your head. "Lets just... Get this investigation underway." You step away from 'Connor' and over to Hank.

"Jeez, what's up with that guy?" You jab your thumb in Connors direction.

"Tell me about it. Fucking androids." Hank shakes his head and stands from his previous position. We both turn away from the body of Carlos Ortiz and look to Connor.

He is inspecting the supposed weapon that was used to kill Carlos. He placed his finger on the knife blade and... Placed it on his tongue?

"Jesus! What the hell are you doing?" You exclaim, glaring at the android who looks at you confusedly.

"I'm analysing the blood. I can check samples in real time. I'm sorry, I should have warned you." His formal voice replies.

"Okay... Just, don't put any more evidence in your mouth, you got it?" Hank orders in a disgusted voice, pointing at him in warning.

"Got it." Connor mimics.

"Fucking hell, I can't believe this shit..." With that Hank walks away, mumbling something along the lines of 'fucking androids'.

You laugh and look back at Connor. "You piss him off so easily. It's really funny."

Connor tilts his head in confusion, his LED blinks yellow a few times. "Piss... Him off? I don't quite understand."

"Er, don't worry about it. Keep working on the investigation." Clearing your throat, you wander off to do some investigating of your own.

∆∆∆

After walking around the house, you still don't have a very clear understanding of what happened. You open the back door and spot Connor already there analysing something on the ground. You decide to speak your opinion.

"The door was locked from the inside. The killer must've gotten out this way." you shrug, unsure of yourself at your own statement.

"There are no footprints apart from Officer Collins' size ten shoes..." Connor corrects you.

"Well, this happened weeks ago, the tracks could've faded?" You ask, wondering if he would correct you again. He did.

"No, this type of soil would've retained a trace." He looks over to you. "Nobody's been out here for a long time."

"Well damn! Aren't you a smarty pants." You joke. Not that you intended for him to understand what you meant, like earlier. But to your surprise, his LED blinked yellow a couple of times before turning back to a calm blue colour. He let a soft, weird smile show on his face. He wasn't accustomed to smiling, so it wasn't 'natural'. He then shook his head and went back inside.

You were caught off guard and was left to play it off on the backyards porch. What was that about? You wondered...

∆∆∆

You were back inside, chatting with Hank about what happened in Jimmy's Bar.

"He bought you another drink? Nice." You nod your head. "That explains why he was with you when you finally showed up. It's probably the only way anyone could've convinced you..." You tap your chin in fake wonder. "I never would have guessed that would work. Noted." You grin at a scowling  Hank.

He scoffs, but chuckles nonetheless, shaking his head. "You're lucky I like you, Y/N."

You flip your hair, fakely. "I know."

Connor interrupts your unimportant conversation. "Lieutenant, Sergent. I think I've figured out what happened." He begins.

"Oh yeah?" Hank questions.

"Enlighten us, Connor dear." You say sarcastically.

∆∆∆
1289ish words~

Not edited.

The first chapter, done.
I know it's not the whole chapter in the game but it was only dragging on, so... 

Comment if you spot any mistakes, I'll fix them asap :)

Anyways...

I hope you enjoyed :)