12

(Please read the end of chapter notes <3)

Connor decided he would leave early the next morning, only so he could spend time with you. He didn't have to stay, of course, you weren't going to force him, but he could secretly tell by the look on your face that you desperately wanted him to. You had no idea when or even if he would come back, so you needed to spend as much time with him as you could.

Dragging the android to your apartment was easier than you thought it'd be. Connor, being the sweetheart that he is, let you rant to him the whole way home. You went on and on about how reckless he was being and how much you absolutely hated the situations he always seemed get himself in.

Even in the car back, you sat sulking with your arms crossed, pouting like a child. Connor just sat next to you, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

Once you both eventually arrived at your apartment, you flopped onto your couch. Connor stood in the entryway, looking around your messy living room.

You shrug. "It's not much, but it's good enough for me." He looks down at you and nods. You stare at him for a couple of seconds when he doesn't move. "Come on then, sit down." He does as you instruct, sitting casually on the empty seat on your right side.

Connor sits up straight on the couch, his hands placed in his lap. You can't see his LED from this side, but you guess it's blue. You turn your body more to face him better, pushing your right foot under your knee and resting your head in your hand. He turns to look at you with his cute confused puppy face. You flash him a smile.

"You know Connor, you don't have to go alone." You huff a sigh, something you've been doing a lot recently. "Someone from the DPD can go with you. It doesn't have to me or Hank."

He turns his body more to give you all of his attention. "I told you already, y/n... I need to go alone. I will be fine." He places his hand onto yours for reassurance. You look down and nod slowly.

You're both silent for a while, simply enjoying each others presence. It was nice to hang around Connor when it wasn't when a dead body was around, you hoped to be able to do it more often when Connor got back. You have agreed with yourself to say 'when' and not 'if' because he will come back.

You stand, a thought coming to mind. Wandering into your kitchen, you open the far cabinet and pull out a bottle of your favourite red wine. It wasn't actually, it was just cheap shit you bought for days like today when you wanted a drink. When grabbing a wine glass, you wonder whether or not Connor would like any, or if he could even drink any. You doubted he could get drunk either way. You grab two glasses anyway.

Walking back to the living room, Connor looks to the items in your hands. He scoffs, amused.

"You know, y/n, while I am able to consume alcohol and other human beverages, I am unsusceptible to its symptoms." He chuckles at your blank face, taking the glass you hand it to him as you sit down.

"All I heard is that you can still drink it and that's good enough for me." You pour him a glass, then one for yourself. Taking a sip, you savour in its taste, humming slowly.

"I don't know how Hank can drink stuff like this every day." You swirl the glass in your hand and breath in its scent, the red liquid sloshes in the glass prettily. "Two or three glasses a month does me just fine." You watch Connor take a sip, looking back at you to nod.

"I also wonder that myself. The amount he often consumes is not healthy." Connor says almost sadly. You are also concerned for your friend. You take another sip.

"Hey, I wonder where that android we were chasing with the little girl is right about now..." You close your eyes and remember the look on her face when you chased her down the alleyway, letting her escape. You feel no regret.