Chapter 16

As soon as David's lips collided with mine, they were gone.
"David I can't," I say quietly. He didn't say anything but instead kept staring at me.

"I just got out of a shitty relationship, I can't right now,"

"I know I'm sorry I was caught in the moment. Let's just forget that it happened okay?" He says even though his eyes say differently. I just nod, so that he can't hear the disappointment in my voice.

"Hey I'm going to Scott and Todd's tonight they're throwing a party. Did you want to join?" He says looking at his phone, reading the text invite from one of the guys I'm guessing.

"Yeah sure," I smile at him.
"I think I may head back to my apartment for a little bit. Showering in my own shower sounds really appealing," I say stretching my limbs.

David looks at me uneasily. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, it's okay. You probably could use a break from me," I say half-jokingly. I know I haven't gotten sick of David, but I can't say the same for him.
"I would never," He says seriously. I expected him to burst out into laughter after to show he's joking but he never did, so I just stared at him awkwardly. It's become one of my specialties.

"I'll come back in a few hours. I just need to get ready for the party and everything," I reassure him. I think he's more nervous about me going there alone than he is.

"Okay," He finally says and walks me to the door.
"Call me if you need anything," He accentuates the 'anything' as I head out.

On my way back in the uber, I can't help but get nervous about going back there. I haven't been back since everything happened.

I walk into my apartment and see the broken plate still on the floor, and furniture was thrown around. I feel tears come to my eyes, and realize I can't do it alone.
I head next door to see if Zane or Heath are home and find Heath opening the door.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He sees the tears in my eyes and instantly pulls me into a hug.
"I came back to shower and get ready before Scott and Todd's party and told David I could do it alone but I can't," I cry into his shirt.
"Do you want me to come over?" He asks as I nod.

He takes my hand in his as we head over to my apartment.

"Why don't you go hop in the shower and I'll clean all of this up," He suggests.
"I'm sorry for getting you involved. If you need to do something else, I'll be fine," I try to force a smile but fail.
"Baby girl no. I'm more than happy to be here for you, you know that. Don't be silly. Now go shower," He demands, and I nod before heading into my bathroom.
I take a quick shower, not wanting Heath to have to hang around too long and step out in my towel.
"Hey, are you heading to the party?" I ask and he looks over at me. He looks at me quickly, and by the way he looked at me, I knew he didn't have any feelings or anything for me. It looked as though he were looking at his sister.

"Of course. Girl you're lucky Todd isn't here, he'd be eye-raping you right now," He says causing me to laugh.
"What do girls wear?" I ask and he walks past me into my bedroom, raiding my closet.
"Wear this," He says after sifting through my clothes. He laid a black pencil skirt, a white crop top and black jacket on my bed.

"Thank you," I smile graciously at him, as he leaves the room for me to get ready.
I blowdry and curl my hair, with a little more makeup than usual. I throw on the outfit and smile confidently in the mirror. Heath has good taste.

I head out to the kitchen area to see the area completely clean and sigh in relief knowing I don't have to continue to see the apartment like it was.

"Damn girl you look hot," He says as I spin.

"Thanks, Heath. For everything," I say as he grabs my hand, dragging me to the parking garage.
"Where are we going?" I ask laughing slightly.
"Scott and Todd's. They asked me to go early to help them set up, and I'm making you come with me," He says as he opens his truck's door for me.
"Okay. Let me just text David letting him know I'm just meeting him there," I say as I pull my phone out.
"Oh, what's going on there?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"Nothing. I'm not ready to jump into something new," I say and he nods understandingly.

Taylor: Heath's dragging me to Scott and Todd's early to help set up. I'll see ya there :)
David: I'll see you shortly

We pull up to the house and Heath lets himself in.

"What's up party people!" He yells, causing the few people there to stop and look at him like he was insane.

"Hey Taylor you look good," Todd says coming over giving me a hug which I return.
"What about me? Don't I look good?" Heath says as I laugh. Todd rolls his eyes.
"Oh yeah you look hot," Sarcasm drips from Todd's words as he walks away. I see Scott in the corner putting out alcohol, and I decide to go over.
"Need any help?" I ask and he looks up at me.
"Oh hey, Taylor. You look gorgeous," He says, and I don't feel uncomfortable seeing as how he and Kristen have been dating for years now.
"Thanks, Scott," I say as I help him arrange some of the alcohol.

I feel hands cover my eyes a few minutes later and I remove them and turn around to see David dressed in his usual attire.
"Hey there," I smile.
"You look pretty," he says.
"I think every guy in here has told her that," An older man chuckles as he comes up to us.
"I'm Jason," He extends his hand which I shake.
"Taylor,"
"Oh I know," He winks and walks away.
"What does he mean every guy in here has told you that you look good?" David asks as soon as Jason walks away.

"It's nothing. Heath, Todd, and Scott just told me I look pretty. Probably just because I look better without bruises and cuts all over me," I chuckle, but David doesn't join.

"I'm going to go see where Jason went did you want to come?" He asks as I notice Kristen walk in.
"No, I'm okay. I'm going to say hi to Kristen," I say as I walk over to where she just came in.

"Taylor!! Dang, you look good," She says pulling me in a hug.
"I look good? Have you looked in the mirror?" I say as we pull away.

"How have you been?" She says, subtly hinting to how have I been since what happened with James.
"Better. David's been amazingly supportive and has definitely helped a lot with it," She smirks at me.

"What?" I say.

"Oh nothing," She says as she winks. She walks away before I could ask anything else, and I turn around to notice more people have gotten here. When did that happen?

I head back over to the alcohol and grab a shot.
I'm going to have fun tonight.

Daviddobrik, todderic and 15,329 others liked this

Low quality picture for high quality night

User1: SHIT

User2: Now that you're single wanna date me?

User3: eh

Jamescleaver: you look good. 

~~

JAMES WHAT ARE YOU DOING???
Also, how are we on chapter 16 already?