Chapter 30

Later that day, we heard from the police that they're actively searching for James but can't find him. Which, you know, is great since he wants to kill all of us.

We've all been cooped up in Scott and Todd's house for the past couple of days now, but the police think that it would be the safest to get a hotel.
Everyone offered to pitch in to help pay, but I refused to let any of them help since this was caused by me. So I got us a hotel online.

We had to go in groups, just in case James found us, which freaked all of us out. But eventually, we all made it up to the room.

I booked us an executive suite so that we'd have more space and beds since there's 8 of us in total. Erin and Carly offered for us to stay in their apartment, but they barely have enough room for them, so that'd be ridiculous.

The hotel room had 2 separate rooms, with two queen sized beds each. That makes it perfect, actually.

"Okay so we should probably make sleeping arrangements," Alex said. We were going to pick names out of a hat, which is a common way for us to pick arrangements, but we decided to make it a little easier.

"Well, why don't Taylor and I take a bed, obviously Scott and Kristen, Zane and Heath, and then Todd and Alex," David said and everyone agreed. It did make the most sense.

**

We've been here for about 3 days now, and the police still have yet to see any sign of James, therefore we're forced to stay in here. Although we're stuck in a hotel, it's been pretty fun.
We've found ways to entertain ourselves from playing hide n seek to sneaking into the pool at night.

Tonight, we're watching It, that we bought from the hotel, and ordered room service. Just as the movie ended, there was a knock on the door. We all assumed it was room service coming back up to retrieve our dishes, but thankfully David looked through the peephole.
He backed away, signaling to turn the sound off on the TV.

"I know you guys are in there!" I hear James yell, and we all suddenly feel scared. I look around, and try to figure out what to do, but the fear has taken over and any conscious thinking is gone.

Luckily, Scott calls 911 just before James starts banging on the door. We could see that the door is budging slightly, and all start panicking.

"We need to hide!" I whisper, and we all nod. This is when I'm thankful for playing hide n seek.

We decide to hide in pairs, just in case he finds one of us. I don't know where the others hid, but David and I beelined to the closet and grabbed some of our clothes and suitcases. We huddled in the very back corner and put the suitcases up to block us, with clothes covering us as though it were a dirty pile.

David had his armed wrapped tightly around me, holding me as close as possible for protection and comfort. I so badly wanted to go out there and deal with him while the rest hid, but David wouldn't let go of me.

A few minutes passed, and I hear the door swing open. I jump but keep my hand over my mouth to keep from making any noises.

"Oh, It. What a good movie. Sorry, you couldn't finish it," I hear James say as he's in front of the TV. His voice is still distant, which lets me know that he's far away from us, but could be close to everyone else.

"I know you guys are here," He says and I hear his footsteps as he walks around.
"It's funny how easy it is to get information from the front desk when you just flirt a little bit," He laughs slightly and I roll my eyes. Still cocky as ever, I see.

I hear him moving furniture around, but I don't hear voices which is good. I hope he keeps wasting time so the police can get here before he hurts anyone.

His footsteps keep getting louder, and I know he's coming for the closet. I grab David's arm tighter, and I can feel his hand creep around to my mouth, to prevent me from giving away our location.
The door opens slowly, the anticipation killing me. He kicks the suitcase, and I jump and let out a yelp. Thankfully David's hand over my mouth prevented me from making any visible noise.

He left the door open, but I hear him walk away and I relax slightly.

"So we're going to play some hide n seek huh? Luckily I like this game," He yells as he flips over some furniture. From the sounds of it, it was the couch.

"You know, I liked you guys. I thought we could've become friends," He says and pauses as though he's looking around to try and spot any movement.

"But that dumb bitch just had to go and screw everything up," He finishes, obviously referring to me. I feel David tense next to me, but I lay my head on his shoulder and he calms slightly.

I can hear loud footsteps coming from down the hall, and almost start crying knowing its the police.

Before I could even blink, the police are inside the room and have James contained. We all get out of our hiding spots, and I see Todd and Alex climbing out from under the other couch, with their faces completely white. Had James flipped the other couch, they could've easily been killed.
As we come out into the room more, I see Kristen and Scott hiding in the cart that the room service came in. How they managed to fit, I don't know but it was extremely clever.

Heath and Zane ended up splitting up slightly and hid inside each of the curtains. I would've had no idea they were there if I hadn't seen them walking out.
The last thing I saw, was James being pulled out of the room in handcuffs by two police officers. Another officer followed to help if necessary, while the other two stayed behind to talk to us.

"Thank you, officers," I say shaking their hands, although my hand is shaking more than I'm shaking theirs.

"We're sorry it's been so hard trying to find him. But we can promise you he won't be getting out any time soon," One of the officers say, and David wraps his arm around my waist and I nod.

"When he does get out, can I get notified? I had no idea this time and we were put in extreme danger so I'd just like to avoid that?" I ask and the officers both nod.

"Of course. We'll put that down on his sheet so we remember. Don't expect it to be anytime soon though," The other officer says before they turn and leave.

We all look at each other for a minute before everyone starts laughing hysterically. Not because it's funny or a comical situation, but because we had so many emotions going through us that we didn't know how to react.

 Not because it's funny or a comical situation, but because we had so many emotions going through us that we didn't know how to react

Daviddobrik, jasonnash, carlyincontro and 48,392 others liked this.

Keep your friends close and your enemies... far

Comments are disabled.

~~

Everyone say goodbye to JAMES!!!!

These past two chapters have been crazy, but as always, I hope you enjoyed!!