Chapter 31

Due to everything that happened, we decided to take a trip to Dallas so they could experience my "country girl" life as they described it.
They were all excited for different reasons.

David because he now has a really good relationship with my dad, and they both love boneless wings.

Heath because he also lives the "country" life.

Zane because he heard there's insanely good food in Dallas.

Alex because he just wants new scenery

Kristen because she's always wanted to ride a horse
Scott because he got invited

Todd because he heard there are hot girls in Texas

Carly because she says she needs a break from LA living

Erin because she heard there are hot guys in Texas

As we boarded the flight and took our seats in first class, everyone on the plane looked at us as though they were annoyed with us already. I can't really say I blame them. I mean 10 kids getting on the plane and obviously friends? Who wouldn't expect it to be loud?

I've never flown first class, we always bought the economy seats. Not because my parents couldn't afford it, but because they didn't want us to grow up expecting this kind of stuff when in reality we didn't really need it. They said that they'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

I didn't care about the first class, especially for such a short flight, but David insisted that we needed to. We didn't fly first class for my mom's funeral because we booked such last minute, and it was obvious David had no idea what to do in his seat.

When we landed, we grabbed all of our things and decided to get 2 ubers, since there's no way we could fit all of us in just one. By the time we got to my house, our uber learned all about Heath and his last night out experience. It was way more than what he probably wanted to hear. It was way more than I wanted to hear.

Our uber arrived slightly before the others, so I ran up to my dad who was sitting on our front porch. We collided into a hug, and I could feel tears coming to my eyes.

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind. From losing my mom to almost killing myself to my whole friend group almost being killed, it's been a hectic few weeks. He knew everything that happened, so we just stood there for a few minutes, embracing each other and embracing the fact that everything is now okay.

By the time we pulled apart, everyone had arrived, so I introduced my dad to all of my friends, and David gave him a hug.

"Who wants dinner?" He asks and everyone shouts that they're ready to eat.

"I made your favorite," My dad said winking at me.

"Fried chicken with cornbread and baked beans?" I ask and he nods.

"Damn Taylor you really are country," Alex said laughing.
"Just wait until you try it and you'll be ready to go country," I say and I hear David behind me whispering to everyone how good my dad's cooking really is.

It didn't take long for everyone to know that. Luckily my dad made extra because everyone was getting up to get more and more. I don't think I've ever seen any of them eat this much.

"You are by far the best cook I've ever seen," Alex said causing me to smirk.

"Someone's got a little country in them," I nudge Alex and he rolls his eyes, making all of us laugh.

We decided to head to bed early tonight, seeing as how we had a day of travel. And because they wanted to experience what it's really like to live in the country, so I'm taking them on a day of what it was like when I lived at home.
I can't lie and say that I'm not excited. They've never really experienced anything remotely similar to my upbringing, so it'll be entertaining watching everyone learn about the farm and how to maintain it.

My house luckily is a 4 bedroom. So my dad obviously stayed in his own room, David, Alex and I stayed in my room, Carly, Erin, Todd, and Zane stayed in one guest room and Kristen, Scott and Heath stayed in the other. We have an extra queen sized air mattress and the two guest rooms have two full sized beds, so it works out perfectly.

I decided to open the window in my bedroom, just because it's a cool night and I think it's relaxing listening to the animals that are awake at this time while I try to sleep.

And before I knew it, I was out like a light. With the boy that I love by my side. And my friends scattered all over my hometown house.

Zane, todderic, heathhussar and 52,384 others liked this

So glad to be back in my favorite place with my favorite people

User1: Why were the comments blocked on your last post?

User2: I live in texas!!!

Heathhussar: time to cowboy up!!!

Ernst: i could live here if i got your dads cooking everyday

User3: OMG they're all in texas!!!

User4: can you make up your mind?

~~

SO sorry its so short! I have a horrible sinus infection right now and i've been on two rounds of medication and it's getting worse. 
I know it's short and probably not that great, but I wanted to get something out for all of you!