Pack

Eve landed on a branch in a high tree outside the house and transformed back into her self

Eve landed on a branch in a high tree outside the house and transformed back into her self. She perched comfortably and looked around her new setting. Her frown was deep as she saw it was nothing like where she came from. Her old home was surround by Forrest. Trees and animals were always around. Now she seemed to be on an island where trees were minimal. Sure it was beautiful, but it wasn't home.

"Is that a girl up there?"

"I dont know, all I know is that I need to do my chore before Mrs. Peregrine gets mad, so just hold on tightly and don't let go!" Eve frowned as she looked down and saw a girl tying a rope around her.

Was she willingly tying herself up?

Wow these people really were crazy. However then Eve saw why.

The girl unhooked two contraptions on her feel and began to float into the air

Eve got into a fighting stance as the girl got closer. Eve saw a baby squirrel in her hand and looked at her confused.

Emma's eyes widened too when she saw Eve.

"Oh wow there is a girl up here, how in the world did that happen?" Eve just stared at her as Emma put the squirrel down in the nest.

"Hi I'm Emma, are you new?" Eve again didn't say anything but Emma didn't seem to mind.

"That's fine if you dont speak the twins don't speak either" Eve had no idea who she was talking about. But really she didnt care.

"Sooo, did you run away? Miss. Peregrine wouldn't have let you wander before introducing you, but the other kids did say they saw a new girl. So I'm guessing your her, and that you ran. Am I right?" Eve raised her brows impressed. She then nodded her head and Emma smiled

"Hi, I'm Emma" she said and pushed her arm out. Eve just stared at it and Emma got the hint

"Oh, right. Guessing by your dress I doubt you learned the art of manners yet" she said still smiling. Eve hated the smile, who smiles this much, Eve hardly smiles, maybe once or twice a month when she swims in the waterfall pool.

"Well, why don't you come back, it's not that bad here, Miss. Peregrine is very nice and takes good care of us" Eve frowned and looked back towards the house.

Well, Eve wasn't dumb, she was in a new environment, one that was very different than she was used to.

Survival was key, and if what Emma said is true.

They were offering her a spot in the pack.

Normally she wouldn't trust these strangers, and go lone wolf, but in this new place, a pack could be beneficial.

Of course that could just be the crow in her talking.

Besides if she didnt like it she could leave. And if they tried to chain her, she'd kill them.

She looked at Emma and nodded making Emma smile again

"Hey, what's taking so long!" A boy yelled from below making Emma look down

"Quiet!" She yelled and looked back at Eve

"Okay, so how to get you down? I guess we ca-" before she finished Eve had already turned back into a crow. And swept down from the tree and then back into herself Landing perfectly.

She then began her way towards the door not hearing Emmas calls for her to wait. Waiting wasn't really a concept she understood.

As Emma pulled down the rope trying to quicken her pace so she could catch up to the fast walking girl.

From what Eve had understood Miss. Peregrine was the alpha and she would have to talk to her and order to join the Pack.

As Eve got up to the steps that she was familiar with she didn't bother knocking as she entered the house.

She stopped and paused listening quietly to the world around her. Her ears then picked up on the small sound of water running making her look right.

She began her way towards what she had heard and then found herself in another small room full of strange devices. She glared at the weird objects before she noticed that the person she was looking for was indeed standing there. Miss. Peregrine turned and saw Eve and smiled wide.

Something Eve already hated.

"Hello dear. Right on time" Eve just raised an eyebrow. What was that supposed to to mean?

Suddenly Emma ran into the room seemingly out of breath.

"Mrs. Peregrine. Look. I found this girl. I convinced her to stay" she said in between breaths. Miss. Peregrine smiled wider

"That's wonderful Emma." Emma smiled and Eve looked around the room in wonderment.

"Aw yes. This must be much different. You grew up in the forest right?" Miss. Peregrine asked looking at Eve. Eve looked back at her and paused before nodding her head. Miss. Peregrine sighed and held her hand out again like before

"I believe we should get reequinted. My name is Miss. Peregrine. Please, shake my hand" Eve looked at the womans hand almost confused and then looked at the two girls who looked at her excited. She looked back at the hand and decided why not.

Weirdos

Weirdos.

She grabbed the womans wrist and held her hand up before shaking it around. Both the womens eyes winced at her shaking of the hand and they realized they would have to be much more specific

"Ummm. We'll work on it" she said an Eve looked at her confused

Why would she ever do that again?

God she hates humans.

"Emma have Olive help set up a bath and get our guest ready for supper." Emma nodded

"Yes Mrs. Peregrine"