Introduction

Author's Note: Some chapters have music that correspond with them. If you're on your computer, scroll down to "media" on the right and play the corresponding music! Enjoy!

Introduction

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BE FAMILIAR WITH THE HOENN REGION BEFORE READING THIS STORY

Before the world shrank and cultures and civilizations progressed technologically, not just anybody with a Poke-ball was able to capture, bond, and train with Pokemon. Nor were these "Pokemon battles" merely about skill, training, and friendly competition. In the old days, when people and Pokemon first came to live together and share the world, only a certain few families and people were able to bond with Pokemon. This spiritual connection allowed human and Pokemon to understand each other as their life forces were joined as one for the rest of their lives. One Pokemon for one human, and one human for one Pokemon.

Nowhere was the early dynamic of Spirit bonds more prevalent than in the tribal Hoenn region. Certain families found that they were able to use their Spirit bonds to help their own lives and the lives of their communities, who came to revere them as chiefs and kings for their abilities.

Most of these Spirit Families used their Pokemon to enrich the living inside their tribes, others used their Spirit Abilities to conquer other tribes. For while the Spirit Humans were able to command their own armies, their partner Spirit Pokemon were able to rally support of wild Pokemon. In essence the term "Pokemon Battling" as we know it actually arose from what it used to be: battles. They were bloody, fight to the death wars.

It is both a blessing and a curse that humans and Pokemon no longer are able to share a Spirit Bond with their Pokemon. The abilities were long since forgotten since the invention of the Poke-ball allowed for easier access to capture and train Pokemon without a spiritual bond. Knowledge of a Pokemon's heart and why they value humans is now long dead to our kind.

However, no longer must a Pokemon or its Trainer risk it all in order to share their time. For when a Spirit Bond is created, only death can separate it and the death of one causes the death of the other.

The following is a novelization of an account of tribal Hoenn, as best understood by historians, archaeologists, and researches alike.