27

twenty seven

"Amoret, how was tonight?" Kaius asked me, finally getting the chance to speak to me one on one after the stampede of everyone trying to meet me, to talk to Kaius after apparently barely ever seeing him.

So many comments about me being human, and a lot about him being different, calmer than he used to be.

"Yes, it was very lovely," I answered as he rubbed my back soothingly. "But this celebration does have a lot of people, doesn't it?"

"Every Luna and Alpha you could imagine, their Betas and Gammas," he told me, "everyone who holds power gets to come to The Celebration of the Wolves, with the exception of loyal guests of course, like Flynn with Luna Rose."

"Do you have a Beta?" I questioned and wondered why the only people I've met that served close to him was Faith.

"Yes, he's over there-" Kaius nodded towards a slim figure of a tall man who was leaning against a wall while he chatted away with a woman, she was noticeably giggling and playing with the ends of her hair, "-a bit of a lady's man, Chandler."

"How come I haven't met him?"

"You will, I promise. I only thought that it would be best if you had the chance to get settled, Chandler can be quite the pusher, very loud," Kaius spoke as I smiled innocently next to him.

Spotting Flynn in the crowd, I noticed the way he was searching the room until his eyes landed on me, and he started calling me over with his hands, quite furiously.

I slipped out of Kaius's embrace, pulling away as I said, "Flynn must need me, I should go see what he wants."

Not waiting for an answer, I rushed off into Flynn's direction with my heels clicking against the ground, I could barely hear it but I knew that the surrounding werewolves could.

"What do you need, Flynn?" I asked once I was close enough to him.

Flynn threw his arm around my shoulders, holding me as he began walking and dragging me with him.

"Flynn?" I questioned as my eyebrows furrowed and I looked back behind me, "Where are we going?"

His steps became faster as he continued to take me away from everyone's sight, but it was starting to scare me, a lot. This wasn't the same Flynn that I was used to, he was frantic and paranoid.

I dug the back of my heels into the ground, grabbing his arm and trying to get him off of me as we went through the same doorway.

"Flynn, I don't like this," I whispered as I wiggled in his hold.

"I'm sorry, Amoret-" but orders are orders, "-I don't want to do this."

Something flashed into my mind, a memory of some sort with blood, trees and Jordan.

This doesn't feel right.

"Flynn, stop it," I begged as I kept moving, but his hold was tight, and he didn't seem like he was going to let go anytime soon, "please, right now, Flynn, stop."