P R O L O G U E

•••
OMNIA VINCIT AMOR
LOVE CONQUERS ALL
•••

—You are in my heart
the same way
the sun comes up
in the day
and all of the stars
disappear
I see nothing else
when you are here.—

It was already winter as their feelings started to freeze.

Lia was so happy. The evening she got to spend with Taehyung made her feel endlessly loved. After a while, as Taehyung went out, Lia noticed his phone still laying in his apartment. She decided to head out and give it to him.

Lia was feeling very cheerful today, the warm feeling about caring for the person you love made warm up her heart in this cold winter and feel all joyously happy. Even the cold winter morning could not make her feel cold due to the warmth she felt spreading through her body.

Passerby's were smiling at her cheerful face and were greeted with a smile back. She felt like she could hug the world, and tell everybody about how glad she is to have somebody as caring as her boyfriend.

Arriving in the building of his atelier, only a door was holding her back from entering his working place.

"Taehyung I got your phone for you and some hot choc—'' As she was about to enter his workroom, she spotted a woman standing close to her lover. She had her hands gripped around the ends of his scarf, and was gazing deeply into his eyes.

That was the moment when it broke her heart in thousands of shards. The little package with his phone, self-made hot chocolate and cake fell down. The loose scarf which he gave her as a couple-gift fell on the floor.

Small, little pearls of bitter tears were rolling down her cold, red cheeks after having seen such a scenery.

Maybe Lia was wrong or acted too fast at that moment, but she could no longer stay in his studio and see such painful scenery. She decided it was over between them.

Although Taehyung swore her his never-ending loyalty and unconditional love, it now seemed like a whole lie which was created right from the start. —How could I be such a fool for relying on his sweet lies? It was too fast right from the beginning. It was more than pathetic to trust him so easily.—

Lia rushed with teary eyes through passerby's, the cold, frozen air stinging like needles or even knives on her skin. The pain she felt on her skin, felt even worse in her heart.

Tears were flowing more and more as she recalled the happy memories both of them shared together. The warm feelings of joyous moments which were created in the summer started with developing a crush and growing into deeper, meaningful attraction during the rich, golden autumn, turned into dull and painful past in the bitter-cold winter.

The nostalgia of their memories was lingering in the air of Paris. No matter where Lia went to, she was surrounded by memories of him.

She thought she could have settled with him. That it was it. The ideal romance story with a happy ending.

He looked so in love with her, his glances, emotions, words were everything that seemed to be true, sincere love towards her... She was so sure about him, so sure about everything he did, there was not a doubt in his actions, his words. But right after the incident, it all started to seem like a bad act, a fatal decision.

She was thankful that she just now realized who he really is. Maybe seeing things which she should not have seen was, at last, a good thing to carry on and forget completely about him. Maybe he was not the right one, right from the start.

Lia did not care about the coldness, it did not feel as painful as the wound in her heart. She did not care about anything anymore. She wanted to forget him, and France.

Her pessimistic thoughts were interrupted as she got an incoming call. She pulled the phone out of the pocket of her wool coat and brushed away her tears with her cold, left hand. It was Jimin calling and nothing was holding her back from declining that call.

Speaking to anybody at this moment did just not seem right. However, Jimin was so persistent that it did not seem like he was easy to brush off. He kept on calling her non-stop, until she finally decided to turn her phone off, glancing once again at the picture of her and Taehyung being together on her lock screen.

Out of her deep sorrow, the girl started to sob once again. She came to a stop near a lantern, leaning against it and put her cold hand on her heated forehead. The sound of screeching tires caught her attention.

It was no other than Park Jimin, dressed completely in black, who came out of his car rushing to her and embracing her dearly afterward.
"What happened? Why didn't you pick up my calls?" He asked her in a worried tone.

Lia kept on crying onto his shoulder even stronger than before until Jimin decided to lead her into his black car.

He kept on staring at her face. Her sad expression was hurting his heart deeply. Never did he wanted to see the girl who made his heart leap, looking this miserably broken. He knew that something was off.

"I was worried" He took her cold hands in his warm ones. "I somehow felt... that something was wrong... And decided to look for you, after you did not pick up your phone." He murmured in a soft voice.

Lia finally looked at him as he gave her his handkerchief to wipe away her tears.
"Thank you, Jimin" she replied quietly.

Silence came over them until Lia calmed down and started to speak about what was on her chest.

"To be honest," she sighed while looking out of the window, avoiding Jimin's gaze, "I almost found it weird that I was feeling so happy and glad lately." She chuckled sarcastically while shaking her head.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He asked in a soft voice with his heart suffering.

"No, Jimin, I don't have a home anymore... At least not here." She replied softly and closed her eyes, letting the last teardrops leave her eyes.

-----------------------------------

N O T E :

Thank you so much for reading this book! Stay anticipated for the upcoming romance!

Please don't be a silent reader and leave a vote or a comment on this book, that would make us really happy! Spread the word like butter!!

Wishing everybody a nice day! Stay healthy, eat and drink well~!

SHORT INFO:
(Just so you won't get irritated)
Upcoming chapters will be a throwback.

Lots of Love, L & A