Patience and Understanding

A/N- Hey loves. I've been in a writing mood, ever since yesterday. Which explains why I've been updating chapters, back to back. I've been thinking about the direction I want this book to be in.

When I first started writing this, I felt like it was rushed and a lot of things could definitely be better. As far the characters go, I want Dante to be different.

You'll see a different side of him, and how different everything goes. The turn the book is about to take, I really hope you love it.

Bj and Carter are new characters, so how do you guys like them so far?

^^ the song I listened to writing this chapter Tank-You Mean More

Enjoy!!!😊

_______________________

Rayne pov

It was the weekend, I ended up getting a job at FedEx, because I needed the money. Your girl needs a car, and saving up was my number one goal.

Also, it helped that working there came with a lot of benefits, discounts on hotels, car rentals, airplane tickets, and even attraction parks. I've been wanting all of us to go traveling as a group, and if we can do that on a budget, why not?

Hearing my alarm clock go off, dreading having to wake up at 4am to be to work at 5. Finally opening my eyes, I just stare at the ceiling as I think, how bad it would be, to roll over and back to sleep.

Sitting up, throwing my cover off of me, to be hit with cold air, that struck me instantly. Shivering, I hurry off the bed heading in my closet to grab my clothes, throwing them on the bed. As I rush into the bathroom, closing the door shut. After finishing taking a shower, and doing everything I needed to do.

I came to the realization that I didn't turn the air off. And here I am standing in my towel, as my clothes sat in the room. Which made the situation worse seeing as it was a pair of shorts, undergarments, and a t-shirt. Seeing as it wasn't a dress code for work, it was whatever made you comfortable.

Baby, let me tell you working in a warehouse, was a different type of hot. And I already hated sweating, but the pay and benefits were good. But, the fact that my thighs keep rubbing together didn't help. Also, the constant flirting from unwanted people, was getting annoying.

Grabbing my phone off the counter I call my dad. Yes, you heard me. I'm not going out there in that cold ass room.

Hearing the phone ring, cutting it on speaker as I brush my teeth. "What do you want brat?" My dad voice rings throughout the bathroom. He was always up early, which was a good thing for me.

"Dad, I need you to come in the room, and turn the air off." Putting my hair in bun, making sure it was tight. "Also, I need you to hand me my clothes." Out of nowhere this man starts laughing,before hanging up.

Does that mean he coming or,

Calling him back, because baby this is not a joking matter. "I told yo ass not to turn that ac on. Now look at you duck." Hearing rustling in the background. Before the phone hung up, again.

Letting out a sigh, sitting on the lid of the toilet, knowing he was coming to my rescue. If he doesn't respond with a no, it means yes. I don't know what's wrong with that man. But, I love his weird behind.

——-

Getting home from work, I head straight to the shower, looking at the time 11:45am. I decided go out with Dante, to hear him out. Something telling me if it didn't work out, at least I can say I tried. He wanted to take me out for dinner, but after finding out I didn't eat breakfast. Seeing as I can't even breakfast early in the morning, because I feel nauseous.

Putting on a strapless brown dress that had a split in it, showing off my legs. Hoping that my boobs wouldn't do too much in this dress. Grabbing my chair to sit in front of the mirror, I let my hair out the ponytail from earlier, letting it fall down stopping above my breast.

Deciding if I wanted to attempt to put on eyelashes, or just stop trying to hurt myself. For the love of God, I can not stand putting eyelashes on. Baby, my anxiety shoots through the roof that I would accidentally glue my eyes shoot. And boom, my black ass is blind.

But, knowing in reality I just overthink so much shit. It starts getting annoying after a while. Letting out a sigh, standing up loving the way this dress clung to me. My breast were sitting wonderful in my strapless bra, putting them on display. As the dress showed of my stomach that I grew to love. Especially my outie, that I used to want to hide, but now could honestly care less.

The dress left nothing to the imagination as it showed every detail of my body from my hip dips, to my thick thighs that didn't have a gap between them. In the slit in the dress wasn't to high, which was great. Since I didn't want to flash anyone accidentally while walking, and end up scaring someone child.

Hearing my door open to see my mom walk in, eating a bag of chili cheese Fritos. "Ouuu, look at my baby!" Covering my ears, from her loudness, "inside voice, please." Putting her bag down on the bed , before walking up behind me. About to touch me until she realized her hands.

Running to the bathroom as I shook my head at her, why is she running? I thought. Sitting back down, as I hear her turn on the faucet.

Coming out the bathroom with my hand towel, drying her hands. Standing in front of me, grabbing my arm to tell me to stand up. "Where you going?" About to answer but getting cut off. "Wit-, you look absolutely breathtaking." Causing me smile, watching her check me out.

"I swear you're your momma child! Yes ma'am!" Facing me towards the mirror as she put my hair in a middle part. Knowing I love my hair in a side part, but knowing she obviously didn't care. Grabbing a pair of earrings putting them in my ears, as I watched her through the mirror.

"I'm going out with a friend. Dante." Watching as her eyes shifted from the mirror to making eye contact with me. Nodding her head, "I've heard about him from Sydney, since my daughter won't tell me anything." Fake pouting, walking over to the bed, dramatically falling back. Rolling my eyes at her craziness, walking over to my closet to grab my matching heels.

" Mmoommm," I drag out as I steady myself against the wall. Walking over to her, grabbing her arms lifting her up. Patting my leg as a sign to lift my leg, so she could strap my shoe. So caring.

"I'm actually really hurt, we're supposed to be better than this." Pushing my leg off her, after she finished. Grabbing her bag of chips, as she scoots back on my bed, until her back hits my headboard.

"I thought you wasn't wanna of my lil friends," I said. Using air quotes, knowing she was finna curse me out. As she looks up at me, from reading whatever message popped up on my phone. Forget having privacy at this point.

Flicking me off, before getting off my bed. Walking over to me, "Your boyfriend outside, don't forget your perfume." Speed walking out my room, hearing her scream my dad's name.

"Alonzo! Rayne, got a boy outside the house!" Rolling my eyes, "snitching ain't cute." I mutter, spraying my perfume. Grabbing my purse making sure, I had everything, before closing my door. Praying that my dad doesn't show out.