Playlist

AN: So I know some people include lyrics with each chapter of their stories, instead of that I used the quotes from the books but I still thought 'why not, I'll give you guys the playlist I used when writing scenes between Aurora and Millard.' These vary in genre since some songs motivated sweet fluffy moments and others were during more serious times when they were running for their lives or after Aurora was separated from Millard and everything looked bleak and pointless.

I also included some of the lyrics that really made me go 'Oh that definitely represents Aurora and Millard' I won't say 'Oh go listen to these songs' cuz I won't tell you all what to do but I think once you listen to these songs with Aurora and Millard in mind it's hard to not think of them the next time you hear the song.

As always I'd love to hear all your thoughts both good and bad so let me know below, do you think these songs are good representations of Aurora and Millard? Are there any songs you'd add to this list? Etc. . .

Song: I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz

Lyrics: "I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough. I'm giving you all my love, still looking up."

Character: Millard Nullings

Song: The Cure by Lady Gaga

Lyrics: "If I can't find the cure, I'll fix you with my love. . . And if you say you're okay I'm gonna heal you anyway, promise I'll always be there, promise I'll be the cure."

Character: Aurora Abbott

Song: If I Never Knew You by Jon Secada and Shanice (From Disney's Pocahontas)

Lyrics: (basically the whole song) "I'd have lived my whole life through, empty as the sky, never knowing why, lost forever if I never knew you"

Character: Millard & Aurora

Song: God Help the Outcasts by Alan Menken performed by Heidi Mollenhauer (From Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Lyrics: "Show them the mercy they don't find on Earth, God help my people we look to you still, God help the outcasts or nobody will."

Character: Aurora Abbott (Chapter when she prays for the baby in the bombing)

Song: Somewhere Out There by Linda Ronstadt

Lyrics: "And even though I know how very far apart we are it helps to think we might be wishin' on the same bright star. And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby it helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky."

Character: Millard and Aurora (after the wights kidnap Millard)

Song: Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest

Character: Millard and Aurora (wedding)

Song: Life After You by Daughtry

Lyrics: "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you. And I think all that still matters is love ever after, after the life we've been through, 'cause I know there's no life after you."

Character: Millard Nullings

Song: Perfect by Ed Sheeran

Lyrics: "Darling just hold my hand, be my girl I'll be your man. . . baby I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms barefoot on the grass listening to our favorite song."

Character: Millard Nullings and Aurora Abbott (wedding)

Song: Hero by Mariah Carey

Lyrics: "When you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong. And you'll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you."

Character: Millard Nullings and Aurora Abbott