Chapter 23

Cops cars were parked outside Jacob's house as he stood in the middle of the living while other cops were looking around the house or better yet crime scene.

Jacob pulled out his phone again to call Jade the phone ringed and went to voicemail this was the fourth time he's tried to call her he knew she was mad because he sent her home early but he didn't want her freaking out especially with the pregnancy.

He sighed as he pressed the red end button on his phone and went to his security system app after what happened he made sure to upgrade his security.

Clicking on the cam feed and was able to see throughout his other house where Jade was he was even able to see her in the nursery standing in between two white cribs.

A notification popped up on the screen that someone was at the front door Jacob changed to the front door cam to see Nate knocking on the door he narrowed his at the screen.

"Excuse Mr. Johnson do you have any questions or concerns?" a cop asked

He looked at the cop.

"Yes I do," he pulled out a stack of cash and handed it to him

"First I want this case not to be public."

The cop nodded as the took the cash and slipped in their pocket.

"Also I think I might know another suspect that was involved," he told the cop.

___

Jade was standing in the nursery just taking everything in soon two small bundles of joy would fill the empty.

Her eyes started to water then the sound of her phone started going off again she rolled her eyes as she seen it was Jacob.

Jade was in no mood to talk to him especially after their big fight and her lonely flight back from new york. So as far as she was concerned if he wanted to talk he could fly to her to do it. The sound of the doorbell chimed through the house.

She huffed as she walked out of the room and made her way downstairs and to the front door.

To her dismay, it was Nate standing in front of the door.

"What do you want," she snapped.

"Damn what's wrong with you?' Nate insisted.

"Nothing what do you want she smirked.

"I need to talk to you about something important.

Jade was reluctant at first, but she could tell Nate was serious, so she let him inside.

"So what do you want?" she asked.walking into the kitchen Nate was following behind her.

"I need to talk to you about the pregnancy he said sitting down at the kitchen table.

Jade sat down across from him.

"What do you mean?' she questioned.

"I mean why I am not involved...

"You are involved she told him.

"Telling me everything is fine over Facebook is not considered involved." He hissed.

Jade sat back in her chair with her arms crossed.

"As fucked up as this situation is your still carrying my child regardless if you like it or not and I am going to be involved. He instructed her.

Jade looked down she felt embarrassed even though she wanted nothing to do with Nate she was now chained to him. She might as well make it somewhat comfortable.

She took a deep breath.

"Do you want to come to Home Depot with me?" she asked

Nate looked at her.

"For what," he asked thinking Jade was planning his murder.

"I need to get some paint for the nursery," she told him.

"So what are we having," he asked her.

"I don't know yet..but it's going to stay that way she raised her brow.

"That's fine with me,' Nate said he was calm on the outside but the inside, he was just glad him and Jade are somewhat getting on good terms.

"You want to go now?" he asked standing up.

"Yea that works for me let me get my purse," she said as she made her way put the kitchen and upstairs.

Nate made his way into the living room the scent of warm vanilla filled his nose a smell he hasn't smelled in a while.

As Jade was coming down the stairs, there was a knock on the door.

"I got it," Nate called out to Jade who was slowly but surely walking down the stairs.

He made his way to the door and opened it only to be greeted by a police officer.

"Are you Nathaniel Johnson he asked looking down at Nate

"Um yes that's me he told the officer.

"You're under arrest he told him as he stared cuffing him.

Do you think Nate is guilty or not?