Chapter 43

Song:When I was your man-Bruno Mars

Jade was in the bedroom standing in front of the mirror wearing a black dress putting her earring in when Jacob who was wearing a black suit stood by the doorway.

"You almost ready?" he asked.

"I am now," she said standing back and looking at her reflection with a satisfied grin.

She walked over to him.

"Are the girls already in their car seats?"

Jacob nodded.

"Yes they are now come on we don't want to leave everyone waiting." He told her.

After that Jade followed Jacob out of the room got the girls, and they made their way out of the house got in the SUV and pulled off.

***

"Are you sure you still want Nate to come?"

Jacob asked driving down the road

Jade looked at him.

"Look we all need to get things on good terms with everyone before we leave," Jade explained.

"Yea for the girl's sake Jacob smiled placing his hand on her knee.

They soon pulled up to the restaurant.

Jade sighed.

"Well let's go in and have this family dinner."

**

Nate was driving down the road.

"Are you still coming tonight?" Jades voice heard through his Bluetooth.

His eyes glanced to see his gas tank was low.

"Yea I am, But I got to stop and get gas first," he told Jade.

After he ended the call, he pulled up into a gas station and got gas.

Once he pulled off and started driving down the road again, he could see from his mirror that a cop car was following him.

However, he just ignored it and kept driving until he soon saw the flashing blue and red lights.

Nate promptly stopped his car and sat back.

He rolled his window down once the cop made his way to the car.

Is there a problem officer he asked.

The officer said nothing as they shined their flashlight in Nates face.

"Are you Nate Johnson?"

"Um yes," Nate said nervously.

"There was a tip that you were involved in some drug activity step out of your car please so I can do a quick search?"

Nate's heart dropped as he stepped out of his car and held his breath as the cop searched.

"Well looks clean," they said closing the door.

Nate was about to make his way back to his car and drive away as quick as he could until the drug dog off to the side started growling at his trunk.

The cop narrowed their eyes at him.

"Open your trunk," they ordered.

Nate sighed as he opened it.

"Nate Johnson you're under arrest, "was all he heard as the cop placed his hands in handcuffs.

**

"Wait what do mean you guys are already married?!" Jade's mom said surprised.

Jade's family and Jacobs family were all sitting at a long table inside the restaurant.

Jade grinned.

"We wanted to keep it a secret but since we're moving Jacob and I decided to tell you guys first before the media does."

Jacob smiled as she held his hand.

"Well, we are very happy for you two." Jacobs mom said

Jades dad looked at him.

"Just remember if you hurt my daughter or my granddaughters I will hunt you down," he said firmly.

"I promise I won't," Jacob smiled at Jade.

Her phone ringed it was an unfamiliar number.

She ignored it at first until it called her two more times.

"Is everything alright?" Jacob leaned over and asked her as everyone was eating.

"Um yea I just got to answer this call real quick I'll be right back." Jade excused herself and made her way out the front door of the restaurant.

She answered the call.

"You have a collect call from..."

Jade rolled her eyes thinking it was Crystal.

"Jade, please don't hang up," Nate pleaded.

It caught her by surprise.

"Why are you calling me from jail?" Jade questioned.

He sighed.

"Promise me you won't get mad."

"I'm not promising nothing so tell me," Jade demanded.

"Ok after I got gas I was stopped by a cop....

"Why?"

"They believed I had drugs on me."

Jade took a deep breath.

"Did you.."

Nate was silent.

Jade said nothing and hung up the phone.

1 month later

Jacob placed a for sale sign in the ground in front of his house before making his way to the Suv that was already running he got in on the driver's side.

Jade was already sitting in the passenger seat, and the twins were in the back in their car seats.

Today was the day they finally move after Nate was arrested he ended up taking a plea for five years at first he refused to give away his parently rights to his daughter but in the end, he decided it was best.

Things have been very crazy, and Jade and Jacob were both just glad they can now get away from the drama.

Jacob pulled out and started driving down the road.

He noticed Jade had a big smile on her face.

"Well someone looks happy." Jacob teased.

"I have some good news," she told him.

"What's that," he asked.

"I'm pregnant." she smiled.

Jacob looked at Jade and smiled then looked back at the twins.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," she said.

They then held hands as they drove to their new life together.

This is the end

What y'all think?
Thank you for reading 😊