#4

Song:My mom-Eminem

Jacob was sitting in a chair in a circle of other men in a small cramped room. Instead of wearing a tailored suit he was wearing old baggy scrubs.

The scent of stale coffee and body order filled the air making him hold his breath every few seconds so he wouldn't have to deal with the wretched smell around him. He sat back crossing his arms. As he watched one of the guys talk.

Its been a week and he still didn't know anyone's names, and he honestly didn't care to know since he was only there to fix his problem.

"Jason do you have anything to share with the group?"

He looked up the group therapist he was indifferent and not paying attention to what was said.

Since Jacob knew going to rehab would be bad for his business and image he not only found a rehab clinic three hours away he also made sure to give a fake identity so no information would get sent out to the blogs or the place ends up surrounded by the paparazzi.

He shook his head.

"No I don't," Jacob said dryly.

The therapist sighed.

"Ok everyone group time is over I'll see you guys this afternoon he said as everyone started to get up from their chairs and walked out of the room.

As Jacob was about to the walk out the door, the therapist stopped him.

Jacob turned to him.

"Look Jason I know it's your first time here, and this is new to you but it been a week and you haven't been interacting with the group or anyone."

"Ok..." Jacob said.

"Are you depressed or have any concerns you like to share?"

Jacob was getting annoyed not only due to the therapist on his ass, but it's been a week since he's done coke and the withdraw affecting his mood.

He sighed.

"No I'm fine may I go now?" Jacob asked.

The therapist thought for a moment.

"Sure, Jason."

Jacob quickly made his way out of the room before he was questioned again.

The next morning

After Breakfast it was "Chill" time before another group session. The sun shined into the small hospital like lobby Jacob was fixing himself a cup of coffee. Taking a sip, he instantly made a face of disgust the coffee was a day old.

Throwing his cup away he made his way over to a chair in the corner wrapped a blanket around him and cracked open one of his favorite books Catcher and the Rye. Books were always the thing that could help him escape reality until he discovered coke. However, now all he had was books.

A nurse came up to him.

"Jason, the therapist, wants to see you in his office," they told him.

He stood up and dragged his feet to the office.

"What's going on?" Jacob asked as he walked into the office and the therapist was sitting at his desk.

He looked at him.

"Take a seat, Jason," the therapist told him.

Jacob sat down in one of the chairs.

"I have a visitor for you," he said.

"Wait who.," Jacob said surprised he was three hours away he and Jade both agreed she not to visit him since he didn't want her or the twins to see him in his current state.

The door opened it was.

"Darline!"

"Yes it's your mom," the therapist told him.

Jacob stood up.

"What the hell are you doing here!" Jacob scowled at Darline.

Jason sit down now the therapist ordered Jacob who slowly sat down while Darline sat in the chair next to him. Which he promptly inched away from her.

It was silent for a moment.

"Your girlfriend called and told me you were here and wanted me to check on you," Darline explained.

"Well, I'm good go away like you always do," Jacob huffed.

"I also suggested she stopped by I think it would be good for you." The therapist explained.

Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Now that I seen you two in action lets get down to business anything said in this office will not leave this office do you two understand?"

"Yes," They both said in unison.

He looked at Jacob.

"Tell me how you see your relationship with your mother."

His mother looked at him.

"Its ok be honest don't hold back."

He looked at the therapist.

"There's no time limit right?'

"Just be honest."

Jacob sighed.

"Ok I don't see you as A mom you never were, You use to leave me alone and abandoned me all the time in shitty ass apartments with your friends while you got high. You were never there or responsible.

Darline eyes filled with tears but Jacob felt nothing

"I'm sorry for everything its just a was young and...

"So was I!, I was helpless, but now I'm no longer helpless I'm powerful now, and you need me, but I don't need you."

"Ok, that's enough I believe you got your point across Jason."

He looked at Darline who was looking at the floor.

"Is there anything you would like to say to your son?"

She shook her head.

"No its fine I have nothing to say, but I'm sorry."

Jacob looked at his mom who was hurt by what he said.

Deep down he didn't care, but for some reason it made him feel better like something was lifted off his shoulder.

He still didn't care for Darline but seeing her cry made him feel better.

Jacob did the craziest thing and gave Darline a hug he didn't know if it was for him or show but he didn't stop it.

Well now y'all know Jacob really did go to rehab.

Do y'all think He handled it well.

Was he right for what he said to his mom?