Epilogue

I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to each and everyone of who have taken the time to read, comment, and vote on my story. Just recently I noticed this story has hit two million reads. That is absolutely insane! I never imagined that anyone would want to read my boring writing, so thank you for sticking with me! I truly appreciate it.

As promised, here's the final part to book one of the Coach's Daughter. Enjoy!

---

The past seven months of my sophomore year had been some of the best times of my life. From my first football game to attending the senior prom with Luke, I'd made some amazing memories that I would never forget.

After Luke and I became an official couple, I got to meet his family and learn more about him than what everyone saw on the surface. Since the first time he brought me home I had known that his Dad put pressure on him to pick a certain school, but there was more to it than just that. Mr. Carter's was strict- it was his way or no way- and in all honesty, the man terrified me.  Because of this, I tried my best to avoid going to Luke's house when I knew his dad would be around. With how he hard he was on Luke making the right decisions on what college to go to among other things, I had a sneaky suspicion I was not the girlfriend he wanted Luke to have.

My personal life wasn't so perfect either. Dad had turned into Luke and I's biggest supporter after football season had ended with a trip to state once again, but that's where the good ended. Mom got married, but because of how hard I knew it was going to be on my dad, I made the decision that I didn't want anything to do with it. I didn't like Mom's fiance anyways, but by not being one of her bridesmaids, I ruined my relationship with her. I hadn't heard from her since the abrupt ending to the phone call where I told her I wasn't coming. I didn't blame her for being angry, but I did wish she would forgive me by now.

I took a deep breath, pulling my gaze off of my phone sitting on my bed. I'd been expecting a text from Kelsey about today but still had yet to hear from her. 

"Lillian, we have to go. Are you ready?" Dad asked, popping his head into my room. His tone was soft. I think he knew that I was anxious about today. "We have to be there in twenty minutes."

I nodded, reaching onto the floor to pick up my white sandals to match the baby blue sundress that I was wearing. "Yeah, just let me put my shoes on."

"Slowpoke," Dad teased, showing off a toothless grin as he waited for me to finish.

I looked up at him with a playful glare as I finished and stood up. "Hey, beauty takes time and I have to look my best."

He rolled his eyes, "Since when did you become such a girly girl?" He paused, smirking before answering his own question. "Oh yes, you went and got yourself a boyfriend."

I grinned, knowing that my dad had actually learned to love that I had a boyfriend... at least when that boy happened to be Luke. "You've gotta admit, with Luke around you don't have to worry about me so much. After all, he was your favorite football player."

The word was left a bitter taste in my mouth. It was a true, though. The big state game had been Luke's last game with my dad as his coach. His high school football career was over.

"Yeah, and I feel bad for him. I know how hard it is to keep you from making trouble."

I stuck my tongue out at him as I grabbed my phone and started towards the door, "shut up."

Dad chuckled, following behind me as we started downstairs. "Let's go before we are late."

----

"I think I might just cry," Tae stated dramatically, holding her hand up to her eye to wipe away the tears that weren't actually falling. "My brother is all grown up."