{TWENTY}

{TWENTY}

"You've been seeing Dr. Bennett for almost a month now. When are you going to tell her?" Scott and I were on his couch, I had come over for dinner after work, and now he was resting his head on my chest as I laid on his couch running a hand in his hair. It was relaxing, being around him made me feel so much calmer than being away from him. I tried not to come to his house too much. After Eric and I had run into each other at the shop, he had been acting out towards me. FIghting, ignoring me, distancing himself. And I wasn't sure if it was because he'd seen something he shouldn't have between Scott and me, or because I had seen him with Taj. Who of course I didn't know that anything was going on between the two, they could be friends, they could be more or less. But whatever it was that happened that night put a wedge between us and it hurt.

Speaking of wedges, Janet and I were in an awkward spot. We'd met with Dr, Bennet four times now, and each time mirrored itself. We'd talk about our feelings, then we'd talk about sex, how we can help each other. Dr, Bennett had suggested seeing her on our own for two appointments, which we agreed to. I was going to meet with her tomorrow at three, and my plan was to either tell her about being with Scott or hint to it.

Scott. He had been so helpful through all this, he understood it wasn't easy for me to be with me and be with my family, he was patient, and I couldn't thank him enough for that. I had made it clear that I didn't want us having sex while Janet was still in the dark about us being together. And thankfully he had totally agreed and was going to suggest the same thing.

What was scary for me was how fast we had been going, how fast I had fallen for him. I liked spending time with him, being around him, being close to him. I wanted to take that next step and move forward with what we had, but I needed to stop being selfish and think about the others in my life. It wouldn't be fair for Janet if she found out I had slept with somebody else while we were together. It wouldn't be fair to Scott, being the second person in my life and sadly coming in second in everything. And he always would. Because my children would forever come first.

My children. I sighed, looking down at Scott who now had his eyes closed as he waited for me to reply to him. "I guess tomorrow if everything goes well." He hummed, my hand still running in his hair.

I closed my eyes, leaning my head back on the couch, until the bell rang and Scott let out a huff, sitting up and grabbing the phone beside his door. "Hello?" He started, I watched as his brows knitted together. "Uh, sure. Tell her to come up." He hung up, and let out a sigh, he looked towards me biting his lip. "Well, ready to lie for me this time?"

I stood up, walking towards him, "Course. What is it?" I took his waist in my hands, looking at his face, he looked at me our height matched as our eyes matched a small smile on his face.

"My friend, Anaya, she's on her way up. You're a client."

"Can't I be your friend?" I grinned, a spark of playfulness going through me as I put my head in his neck and nipped under his ear. Scott let out a groan, I couldn't tell if it was annoyance or pleasure, either way, I was satisfied.

"Fine," He grumbled, stepping away from me, giving me a playful glare. "You're Sidney, my friend. That's it though. If she finds out I'm seeing a married man I'll never hear the end of it."

"Aye, Aye Captain." Scott rolled his eyes, turning to the door as someone knocked on it, when he opened it a light-skinned, wide-hipped woman with natural afro hair walked in, holding a yellow purse on her arm with a black raincoat and large black sunglasses, her lips were painted purple and she had a large, gummy smile on her lips when she saw Scott.

"Scotty! I've got big news." She cheered until her sight landed on me and she raised her glasses off her eyes, pushing them up above her head. "Who's you?"

"I's Sidney." I smiled awkwardly looking at the colourfully dressed woman who looked between Scott and me now.

"New beu?"

"No, just a friend. What's your news?"

"Oh! Yes." She smiled again, putting her purse on the island and made herself at home grabbing a glass from the cupboard. "Your girl got a promotion! You are looking at the new regional manager of B-A-U-T." Anaya bosted. I've heard of B-A-U-T before, Janet liked to shop there. It was a high-class retail store that rich woman liked to spend all their money in.

"That's great! We should celebrate. Wine? Sid, you want wine?"

"No, I should get going. Janet asked me to pick Morgan up from her friend's house on my way home." I declined, grabbing my coat. "Congratulations on your promotion Anaya." I smiled, Scott followed me to the door, telling Anaya that he was going to walk me to the elevator.

He closed the door behind him, taking the ten steps to the elevator and stopping me before I pressed the call button. "Hey," He said, looking at me. "Text me yea?"

"Yeah," I grinned, leaning to him and giving him a quick kiss on the lips, I couldn't help the smile on my face when I saw the small smile on his. "See you tomorrow."

"See you." I pressed the button, and stepped into the car, watching Scott wave at me as the doors slowly closed.

God, I was in so deep.