Chapter no 23: 'That person'

There she was laying on the creamy titled cold floor. One hand under her head, blood dripping from her wirst, scattering over the the floor in a smooth pace, causing ripple over the small blood pad. Her eyes staring at the space, tears sliding down, falling on the floor.

I rushed toward her, bending to my knees, my breathing was ragged while her breathing pace was slow. I was clearly able to see her pained features, dark circles under her eyes, was a prove of her sleepless nights; her red puffy eyes, God knows how much tears have been rolled from her distended cheeks.

"Fatima. What have you done." The desperation in my voice was lucid. I picked her up by her shoulders, in sitting position, leaned her lifeless body against the light pink painted wall.

She didn't speaked, her red eyes were staring at the wall behind me. Her lips formed a straight line. She looked dull, deprived from life. Her blood was dripping from her slashed wrists.

"No, no, no. This can't be happening." I darted around the room searching from one dowar to another. But there was no frist aid.

"Oh no." I caught my head in my hands, my eyes began to tear up. My heart started pumping in my ears. When the soft fabric of my head covering came in contact with my hand. Something strike in my mind.

My hijab.

I hustly removed my hijab, tearing it a part, I rushed to Fatima, her life was crumbling down into tiny fragments of lamentable agony. She had capitulate against her demons, embraced her darkness.

I tied my hijab on her bleeding wrist, unable to hold my emotions I sniffed, tears vague my vision, I kept on adding knots, desperately trying to stop the blood stained red colour from emerging on the white scarf, securing that the blood doesn't leak out.

"Fatima. Fatima." I cried her name, impotency to snap her out of her state of distrait, lightly slapped her face. She closed her eyes, her muscle began to lose from my grip.

"Don't. Please... don't go, stay with me." I shook her body, with my trembling hands, tears burst out, running down from my face. I can't lose anyone any more.

"I did what you said me..." her hoarse voice was an evident of her scattering soul, she inhaled slowly, she sounded so much different, different from her usual self,

maybe that's what love does - love make you unusual.

"No. I am not letting you go. Not you, you can't." I shouted at her, tears escaped fron my eyes. I roughly wiped it with the back of my hand.

"I am going fo be free from my demons, I won't feel pain anymore." Her gruffed voice was laced with longing, how much she wanted to be free. She kept on her blank face, as if she had submitted to the darkness.

"This is not what I told you to do." I yelled at her, my deep down emotion's fountain of fury coming to surface, ready to spurt, remembering what I said to her.

"I told you to fight not to submit, not to be a recreant!" I felt a surge of anger flowing in me. Her shabby behaviour was telling me that the strom has to come yet.

"I tried. Alina. I tried." A tear cascade down fron her eye. Her raspy voice made the air round us melancholy.

"I fought for days, every night every day would be the same, expect for the fact that the pain keep on increase. I fight with my own thoughts, my own darkness. My own self was iniquity with me, immorality telling me to die."

"The words that I have never heard from anyone, such kind of obscenity words my own demond have used on me." Her gloomy voice said it all, a wave of depression passed her features, I clutched the fabric of my skirt. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.