7 Minutes After

Please Comment! :) Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------

::Girl::

For the past two minutes, I’ve been outside Austin’s house, walking up to the door, ready to knock, and then chickening out and walking away. I have no idea how he had the courage to give my mom the box. But then again, his memories of me weren’t there. I was just some girl he met at a party.

Walking up to his front door, I finally knocked. I waited five counts before a man in a red t-shirt and beige shorts answered it. “Hello.” he said with a smile.

“Hi, Mr. Blake. I’m Mariya Illkson. I have something for Austin.” I gave the small rectangular box to him.

“Mariya. It’s so nice to see you again. It’s been very long since I’ve seen you last.”

“Yes, it’s been too long, in my opinion.” Way too long. “Can you make sure Austin gets that, please.”

Mr. Blake smiles, “Of course. And please tell your parents we must have dinner together someday.”

“Will do, Mr. Blake. Have a nice day.” I waved goodbye and left. As I heard the door shut behind me, I sprinted back home. I had about 3 hours to get ready before going to the park.

Closing my bedroom door, I opened my closet and rummaged through it until I found an old shoe box. Before leaving to go Austin’s house, my parents gave me it, saying there was old letters and other things that Austin gave me when we were kids.

Opening the box, there was a bunch of envelopes addressed to me. I opened the most recent one:

Dear Mariya,

1-4-3.

Bae

I opened another one:

Dear Mariya,

I heard you kissed Connor Trey today.

I’m sad about that.

1-4-3.

I remember that day. Connor Trey dared me to kiss him. So I did. I never wanted to. It was a dare. When I got this letter, I ran to Austin’s house and told him off. Cutting me off mid sentence, he kissed me. Then asked me to marry him. Austin was my childhood prince. He saved me from pretend dragons and pirates. I smiled at the memory of Austin and me playing dress up and dancing in my backyard.

I reread the last sentence on the note. 1-4-3. It was then I realized that I was in love Austin. I was always in love with him. I just forgot. For 8 years. I didn’t blame my parents for doing what they did. They did it to make me happy again. And now that I know the truth, I am very happy.

::Boy::

I walked up the familiar cement path through the park, holding a single white rose. As I walked closer to my destination, I saw that she beat me there. She was sitting on the bench with one leg over the other, wearing a simple blue dress that matched her eyes. If i was nervous for this meeting already, seeing her made more nervous.

Without saying hello, I stopped in front of her and took out my mom’s engagement ring from my pocket. It was in the box she sent me. I held it out in front of her and said, “Will you be my girlfriend, Mariya?”

She didn’t say anything. Just smiled. She kissed me and wrapped her arms around my neck. Smiling through the kiss, I knew her answer. I lifted her in my arms and spun her around. I couldn’t be happier.

We broke from our kiss and I gave her the rose. “So you remember.” Mariya said.

“Of course.” I slipped the ring on her finger. “This time, I’ll never forget.”

Intertwining our fingers, she said, “Me either. 1-4-3.”

“I love you too.” I replied as we made our way out of the park.

She stopped walking, turned to me, and gave me a serious look. "Now the most important question is; Do I call you Austin? Or Bae?" A smirk crossed her lips.

The same smirk crossed mine. "Your really going to question my name?"

She nodded, still smirking.

Oh. Its on. I raised an eyebrow.

She ran. And I chased her.