Ch.6 You All Are Crazy!

The two face off with intense expressions on their faces. Suddenly, they both strike forward in unison...

And did most stupidest thing only they could do.

They began to form their hands in a intense game of rock-paper-scissors. Atsushi and I were dumbfounded.

"What in the hell...!?" I harshly whisper.

The two continue their rock-paper-scissors duel, and some number of draws later... It was Dazai who emerged victorious.

"Hahaha~" he softly laughs.

"Grrr..." Kunikida growls.

Dazai waves his hand at him, prompting him to hurry up and go. Kunikida reluctantly stands and approaches the bomber.

"...Easy now, kid."

"Stay back! I'm only gonna talk to the director! Make any strange moves and I'll blow this place to hell and back!"

"Okay, okay..."

Kunikida raises his hands above his head.

"I know who you are. You're Kunikida. You're trying to distract me so you can use your freakish abilities on me! You can't trick me! Kneel on that desk, and keep your hands where I can see them! Now!"

"Excuse me?" Kunikida glares at the bomber.

The bomber instantly became a bit nervous.

"D-Do as I say, or I'll blow everyone to pieces!!"

"...Fine."

Kunikida grudgingly gets on the desk.

"Well, he's useless." I whisper.

"This is bad... He hates this place so much that he knows everything about us. I'm an employee here, so if I go over there, it's just going to aggravate him more..."

Having said that, Dazai turns his head towards us.

I got a bad feeling about this.

"Atsushi-kun~, Ori-chan~."

"No!" Atsushi instantly declines.

"But I haven't said anything yet."

"I know what you're going to say!"

"Just hear me out. You two are the only people the bomber won't recognize."

"Because we don't work here, right?"

"Right, Ori-chan!"

"It's not like we can do anything!" Atsushi protests.

"You don't have to."

"Huh?"

"You two just need to distract the bomber for a while. We'll handle the rest. Hmm... I know... Why don't we have you two put on an act? You know, something desperate that will pull on his heartstrings and distract him."

Dazai goes through a small box next to him as he speaks. He pulls out a bundle of newspapers and hands it to me. I instantly pass it to Atsushi.

"There's your prop."

"Have fun, bro." I smile.

Atsushi looks beyond nervous.

"Trust me, Atsushi-kun. This kind of thing is a daily occurrence here at the Armed Detective Agency."

"R-Right."

With fear still rolling around in his head, Atsushi stands and faces the suicide bomber.