Ch.30 Finally Leaving

"..."

"I'm waiting~."

Chuuya slams his knife into the wall and steps away from Dazai. He releases me right after. I quickly make my way to Dazai.

I wipe the blood, from the cut he got from Chuuya's large knife, that was located on the left bottom cheek of Dazai's face. As I do this, Dazai just continues to stare at Chuuya, ignoring what I was doing.

"Oh, what? You're not going to do it? I kind of fancied the idea of you being hunted by the organization because of me."

Chuuya goes to pick up his coat, but his hand stops in place.

"Don't tell me..."

Chuuya's eyes widen when he comes to a realization about what Dazai said.

"Which means...the second reason is just to force this crappy decision upon me? It's starting to feel like you were waiting here just to annoy me instead."

"It's our long-awaited reunion. How could I not have a surprise for you?"

Chuuya grimaces and turns his back on Dazai, who smiles as he draws the knife from the wall.

"I'm gonna kill you someday..."

"Well, I guess you don't need me to tell you about the third option then."

"What are you on about now?"

"If you kill me, you'll be dismissed, killed, or killed again."

"Again?"

"Yep, isn't right, Ori-chan~?"

Chuuya looks towards my direction to see a extremely dark aura around me. He wasn't scared of me, but I could tell it bothered him a bit.

"If anyone kills Dazai-san, I'll kill them myself. I don't care if they're friends or enemies." I answered.

Chuuya clicked his tongue and faces away from me.

"Still a loyally trained dog I see." he mutters under his breath.

"By the way... You broke my chains, didn't you? If we happen to get away, you'll be suspected of aiding our escape, you know?" Dazai informs his old partner.

"Goddamn you!"

"If you do as I say, I can make it look like someone from the detective agency came to our rescue."

"You think I'd believe that?!"

"I never lie when it comes to a deal like this, but I think you already know that too."

Not even bothering to look as he catches the knife thrown back at him, Chuuya glares at Dazai with distrust.

"What the hell do you want?"

"I already told you."

"If you're talking about that weretiger crap, Akutagawa is behind it all. He keeps his reports in the communications office on the second floor."

"Oh, right. I had a feeling that'd be the case." Dazai cheerfully smiles.

"Then why ask?!" Chuuya snaps.

Chuuya climbs the stairs and goes to leave the room.

"If your done here, then beat it."

"So courteous. Oh, let me clarify one thing. My new dream is to commit a lovers' suicide with a beautiful woman. The last thing that would make me happy is to be kicked to death by you. No offense."

"Oh, in that case, I'll help you find a beautiful woman who wants to kill herself." Chuuya clearly jokes.

But Dazai takes it seriously and had stars in his eyes.

"Chuuya! I didn't know you were such a good person!"

"It means I want you to hurry up and die, dumbass! Oh, just so you know, Dazai. This isn't over. You won't get away with this again."

"No, no, no, aren't you forgetting something? Something I asked you to do earlier~."

I push record.

Chuuya puts his legs together and turns towards us in a girly way. He then points at us and says...

"You won't have your way with me again!"

"..."

Dazai and I were silent.

"...You won't...have your...way..." Chuuya tries again.

After a moment of silence, he explodes with anger.

"You're supposed to laugh, goddamn it!"

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"Well, then... I wonder who it is that wants to buy a tiger for seven million..."

"Someone who clearly wants to die by my hand." I replied.

Dazai searches through the Port Mafia databases, in the communications office. I stood by the entrance to keep a look out as he searches. It takes him only a minute over two.

"This is..."

I look back at Dazai to find him stressed out.

"Dazai-san?"

He takes a moment before turning the laptop off and heads towards my direction.

"We're leaving."

"Not going to tell me what you found?"

"..."

"It's fine. You'll tell me later. Lets just get out of here. The more I stand here, the more I want to destroy this place."

So the two of us quickly flee the place.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

Two days has passed since we escaped. Dazai and I been hiding out in his apartment, enjoying our time off. We laid on the ground, next to each other, while we read some book together. A small table was next to us. It was filled with empty canned snow crab and sake.

"Let's tell them we got away from the Port Mafia tomorrow." Dazai says to me.

"Good with me. Oh, you heard about the girl who kidnapped us. She joined the agency. Her name is Kyouka. But the problem I have is, that she's moving into Atsushi's and my room since there isn't a spare. But it's already cramped as it is."

"How'd you hear about this?"

"You have your ways, I have mine. Anywho, what am I going to do?"

Dazai smiles at me.

"You can always room with me."

I blush as I look away. Me? Live with Dazai? The guy I'm totally crushing on? How's that going to work?

"Don't worry, Ori-chan. I won't bite you...at least when you're awake." he teases.

I smash his face into the ground.

"Fine, but if you do anything to me, I'll kill you. Then I'll bring you back to life to only have Kunikida-san kill you. Then Chuuya-san gets a turn."

"Yes, madam."

I smile and rest my head on his shoulder as we continue to read. But suddenly, realization hits me.

"...Sh*t."

"What's wrong?"

"The food I lost, who's going to pay for it?"

Dazai and I look at each other as the same answer came to our jointed mind.

"Kunikida!"